ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

interior colour coding

clio rxe

Having succesfully coded my wing mirros was thinking doing some of the indside of my clio, i.e. handle for glove box, interior handles, etc, bits and pieces really, has anyone tried this and to what extent and success

To do the interior trim, its basically the same process, but you need to use a paint wiht a plasterciser in it, to make it flaxable, as the interior trim flexes.

This you can buy from Folia Tec, demon tweeks stock it.

Or alternativly if you have a spray gun, you can get the paint mixed

I used the Foliatec stuff in my old AX (God rest her soul) and it was ok but did flake and rub off after a while. I think to do the job with spray paint you will need to be prepared to completely pull everything you want spraying out of the car, prepare it by cleaning and sanding, then finish off with the laquer. Thats when one of those little cheap, quick jobs becomes a bit dearer and takes a lot longer - you will benefit more by leaving the paint/laquer to dry and harden for about 24 hours, so dont spray your steering wheel just before going to work!

clio rxe

seen the foliatec stuff was gonna use that with the primer and finishing spray (whatever that is) does it look ok tho?

Yeah, monkey yours flaked cus you didnt prep properly.

90% of the finish is in the prep, sand, smooth, clean, prime, paint, laqure.

Exactly the same as the outside plastic, cept wiht the interior paint.

The paint is VERY expensive in cans, im planning to do my whole dash, and may look inot hiring a compressor and paint gun, and buying the paint in cans, the folia tec spray is £15 a can:eek:

clio rxe

and also do you use normal primer and laquer or do you have to use special interior stuff for that also?

clio rxe

just the ticket my man, you dodnt even have to use the expenxive interior paint? did you sand it first and also laquer it? whats it like at the door handles does that scratch easily?

nah i couldnt be arsed with the interior paint...too expensive. IYou can get 3 cans of normal paint for the price of that stuff.

I didnt do any danding. I just cleaned the dash with a bit of cloth and soapy water, let it dry properly and stuck a couple of coats of high build primer on. Then I added a couple of layers of blue and finished off with a coat of laquer...looks ok to me and is fairly hard wearing. Im in the process of touching it up before the modified nationals and french car day.

The handles havent caused too much of a problem to be honest. The key is letting the paint dry between layers otherwise it tends to go on too thick and peels or looks sh*te.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

God i hate the interior of that car.. that monitor just looks stupid.. and all the pods on the doors... i like the seats though.