ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior bulb replacement

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Hey guys - got in to the car today noticed my interior bulb wasn't working - I got a spare here but the casing is proving impossible to get off without breaking I don't want to cause anymore damage to it am I doing something wrong? It feels like it's going to break when I try to lift off with screw driver and causing bad damage to the casing ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336477080.205257.jpg

Thanks in advance

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
The bulbs screw in from behind IIRC... Just take the interior light unit out of the headlining; then twist and pull the buld holder/holders from behind.

(Although looking at the image yours is slightly different to mine; so I could be talking out of my a**....... :D )

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Yeah it's completely different mate, it all was sealed up had to heat the plastic up, cut around casing neatly to take out.. Probably a lot simpler way but hey this makes it easier for future changes lol ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336502182.289509.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1336502196.054989.jpg

Fail I cut wrong section at first!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336502211.735188.jpg

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Haha nice one mate at least you got it sorted. :D

My interior light is way easier to take apart than that LOL

172 cup
Thread from the dead. But an easier way than cutting it is to use a small flatheaded screwdriver between the lens and casing and prise the lens away from the casing and it will pop up. No need to cut the rear casing.