ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interesting Tyre Wear

R26
I noticed this morning that my passenger side front tyre is flat on the outside shoulder. It's been on the car for about 13 months/15,000 miles and the rest of the tyre has loads of tread left. The driver's side front is fine.

Is this just a case of my taking roundabouts too fast or could there be an underlying problem? Also, is it still legal to drive on it?

Cheers

-Jas.

Megane 2 GT 165
You could get you geometry checked but it could indeed be the round abouts or you just like cornering to the right more then to the left ;)

R26
I got a laser alignment done in November but a check is free so it's worth it I suppose!

Does anyone one know at which point shoulder wear becomes illegal tread depth?

-Jas.

Insignia for sale
Mine had the exact same thing when i bought it mate, just had two new fronts put on it last saturday and had the laser allignment done when i was there and the guy said it was well out. as for the law, as long as you have tread on the central three quarters, the pattern need not be visible on the shoulders.
tyre-law-depth1.gif

Black 182
Mine also went the same way , but i do tend to throw mine into corners a bit hence the tyre wear on the shoulders ;)

80MPG BEEZA
my tyres look bald on the outer edges simply just cornering quickly all the time, but its my favourite thing to do not one for speeding everywhere just taking corners quickly

R26
Had the car up yesterday to have a proper look and it's only about 2mm from one of the wear markers on the outer half of the tyre!

Cheers for the help guys, I think I'll take the roundabouts/corners a bit easier till I get a new one on!

-Jas.