ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

InterCooler (different than before)

O.K i DO have a turbo in the clio and of course have an intercooler, but there is not a good flow rate to the cooler because of where it is mounted. I was wondering if there are any bumpers available that would be suitabnle to accomodate a frront mount? Or how could i get the cooler mounted in a better position

- How? I would use some screws, bolts, nuts, clips prob....

whrere is it a.t.m?

it is usually best when its in front of radiator..., but in the place of battery is also good idea, but You need good air inlet, and maybe some custom ducting? (to, and from IC..)

http://www.wojtmar.pl/img/EVO.jpg
this would look ince, as for me - if I were to fit the IC in place of battery (have seen such a conversion - good idea, as the plumbing is easy, and the hoses are very short - low volume of the system=better response..)

puttin it on the engine bay with ducting is not good enough, and you would have a TINY intercooler.

You can place it infront of the rad with no real problems, but an oil cooler and coolan additive will help to keep liquids cool.

have a pop underneath and there is jsut enough space for it to be mounted just under the front cross member. it TIGHT though.

Alternatively, a charge cooler is the only option.

Not that much more expensive to get a chargecooler, as you need to think about piping etc for the front mounted intercooler, could be worth speaking to the guys at torsion runing as they have got two demo cars, one has a chargecooler system and the other a front mounted intercooler.

i ahve a largeish coler at the momentm its ither a 2l one or a 1.5litre one, cant remember.

Its mounted next to the rad on the passenger side its not really got any air flow through to it, might have to have a look at mounting it under the rad on its side and do some mad plumbing.

My battery is allready re located to the boot.

No i havent a clue what it will take, i dont even know what it is off!

Ill get some pics of it up and also of where it is mounted