ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intensely cringeworthy sales pitch for Dimma?...

Imagine financing the body kit, yeah pay it off over 5 years!! What a tool!

Strangely though, I used to like the 106 & 306 Maxi kits!!

Clio 172
The 106 maxi kit is still in demand! There are a couple of chaos over on the rallye register who have had the kits imported spot fit to their rally cars. Serious Motorsport stuff, not road going cars. They look mint.

Many.
I remember some of the Dimma stuff, Mostly vauxhall stuff however.

Don't think I've ever liked the look of it.

Also, lol at "engine tweeks", what a K&N filter and a loud backbox? On a 1.1 no doubt.

I'm glad the car modifying scene has changed.

I remember some of the Dimma stuff, Mostly vauxhall stuff however.

Don't think I've ever liked the look of it.

Also, lol at "engine tweeks", what a K&N filter and a loud backbox? On a 1.1 no doubt.

I'm glad the car modifying scene has changed.
iirc Dimma only did French stuff ? Never seen Vauxhall bits.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Ahh the 90's, when gashment filled the roads.

Listening to that bloke talk 'street' was like listening to you Granddad do an Ali G impression.

Many.
iirc Dimma only did French stuff ? Never seen Vauxhall bits.

Had me doubting myself...

DSCN1121Small.jpg

Sure they did some Nova's too, again stupid wide arch crap.

Edit: Now I'm doubting myself again, Mattig (spelling?) also did some wide arch silly stuff on Vauxhalls.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If ever i've seen a man trying (and failing!) to hold on to his youth, that was him.

I do love Dimma stuff though. Used to dream of owning one when i was 12/13! lol .

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
The 106 maxi kit is still in demand! There are a couple of chaos over on the rallye register who have had the kits imported spot fit to their rally cars. Serious Motorsport stuff, not road going cars. They look mint.

Rally cars are road going ;)

106 Maxi kit = Cool. On a race car. With all that gash though.... ruined.

DSCN1121Small.jpg

Edit: Now I'm doubting myself again, Mattig (spelling?) also did some wide arch silly stuff on Vauxhalls.
That's a Rieger one (I think) Mattig did do some though.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Atrocious video! Never seen the fascination with big body kits on cars or "ice" as that t**t put it. So glad modifying has changed nowadays an the max power scene has diminished

Megane r26
Love the spread it over 5 years, love to speak to the owner of that car now to see how many "chicks" he pulled cruising down the high street haha

Megane r26
Imagine a company setting up 5 year finance deals
for chavs to modify their sh*theaps these days,
apr of a 9999%.

Back then credit was so easy, my cousin (much older then me) strolled straight into the bank and walked out with 12k loan and bank rolled a whole car build on his 2 year old vtr!

He was only 20ish too and not on the best wage at the time, banks would laugh you off the planet now

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Imagine a company setting up 5 year finance deals
for chavs to modify their sh*theaps these days,
apr of a 9999%.

My mate at the time put £6000 worth of JL audio, MTX and Kenwood gear into his G reg 1.4 Merit Astra. He got it from Sextons and did it on a 4 year finance deal!

Looking back at it now, it was utter lunacy!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol! The credit you could literally get anywhere!

DSCN1121Small.jpg

I'm struggling to think of an appropriate way to describe this POS.

Megane r26
My mate at the time put £6000 worth of JL audio, MTX and Kenwood gear into his G reg 1.4 Merit Astra. He got it from Sextons and did it on a 4 year finance deal!

Looking back at it now, it was utter lunacy!!

Love to know what's happened to half these companies now there doesn't seem to be the influx of modified cars.

An orange one
I seem to be the only one, but I didn't think that video was too bad. Ok the guy is a floppy haired t**t, but in the late 90's terms such as ICE were thrown around left right and centre. 15 years ago I'd have probably watched that and creamed my pants lol.

The car did look good on the road at the end though.

Arctic 182
I seem to be the only one, but I didn't think that video was too bad. Ok the guy is a floppy haired t**t, but in the late 90's terms such as ICE were thrown around left right and centre. 15 years ago I'd have probably watched that and creamed my pants lol.

The car did look good on the road at the end though.

This tbh.

I think he did a good job really! You could tell he was the execs or something as opposed to one of the techs or mechanics. I think he did quite a good job!

I did however learn from him that I've been saying Alacantra instead of Alcantara...

Shamefully, back in the day I never really clocked on that most people had put all their mods on finance /loans etc, I just thought they'd saved up or they had a really good job.
For me it was a case of, no I don't have the money for that, I'll save up etc (I never bothered to save up enough money though)

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line

DSCN1121Small.jpg

As that one seems to say 'Mattig' on the front bumper I'm going to hazard a guess that's a Mattig kit. ;)

I remember one of the Max Power project cars was an E30 with a Rieger Testarossa kit and chequered flag decals. Ah the 90's eh?
PhantomReiger002.jpg

That was never one of my favourite Max Power project cars.

I quite like the Astra though (well not so much now) Cheers for pointing out the kit ;)

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
Why does he keep rubbing his hands together? Sounds awful over the mic. So awkward.