ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Integra type R chasing at Cadwell

172 sport
[youtube]jZI_woEhEJs[/youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZI_woEhEJs

1st video up,it was at the end of the day,chasing a well driven Integra type R,I was struggling to keep with him on the straights,but was enjoying myself,this to me is what track days are all about.

And part 2.

[youtube]PHTfVLgJPQA[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHTfVLgJPQA
The yellow car that goe's passed us both a the start of the 2nd video,is a Caterham R500, thats what 500bhp per ton goe's like,that type of car is king around the twisty Cadwell circuit.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Suzuki Ignis Sport
I only ever see videos of ur car, and never see pictures of the actual car! I'm intrigued!

Good video though.

Swift Sport
Great video mate, loved every second of it. I need to get myself down to Cadwell, it looks an awesome and tricky circuit! Nice little play with the DC5, you didn't seem to be having too much trouble keeping up. The oldskool Jag driver defo held you up for a lap or so!

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Looked like you were keeping up with a well-driven 2cv to me mate!!!;)
Only jesting, good vids mate!!

Have had a few laps in a supercharged Atom and fook me that was quick..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
DC5 looked rather quick, I didn't think they were that quick in standard guise.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I knew they were quicker but it showed it up a lot on the straight I thought.

Golf GTD Mk7
it's hard to tell from the vid whether he dropped down a gear as at one point it shot off. Not what would normally happen.

172 sport
Great video mate, loved every second of it. I need to get myself down to Cadwell, it looks an awesome and tricky circuit! Nice little play with the DC5, you didn't seem to be having too much trouble keeping up. The oldskool Jag driver defo held you up for a lap or so!

Cheers for posting the video links up Steve,yes there was about 4 of those race car Jags,not best suited to a tight and twisty Cadwell,you need to get down to Cadwell and give it a go,I never get bored of it:cool:

172 sport
DC5 looked rather quick, I didn't think they were that quick in standard guise.

I spoke to the Guy after our bit of fun,he said his was not standard it was 250bhp,he had Kumo V70A track tyres aswell,so like me had plenty of grip.

172 sport
nothing wrong with 2cv's!!! i have 4 myself :p

what are you running engine wise fishcakes?
also what tyres?

Yes like Jonny says,stock engine,stripped out and caged,spax coilovers,scorpion decat exhaust,filter,carbon loraine front brake pads,these have made a big difference to the car since I fitted them last year,I usually run R888's,but yesterday because the sun was out I had some 2nd hand slicks on the front,and soft compound Yoko A048's on the rear,they worked quite well,although looking at my lap times of the video's I was 1 or 2 seconds a lap slower than I was last time I was there running just R888's,that is probably down to the slicks being passed there best.

stock engine keeping up with a 250bhp vtec :S

im debating weather to go for cl's ... have you ever used mintex 1155's or similar? can you compare any other pads?

Swift Sport
stock engine keeping up with a 250bhp vtec :S

im debating weather to go for cl's ... have you ever used mintex 1155's or similar? can you compare any other pads?

An extra 50bhp in a FWD car on a tight, twisty track is no big deal if both cars and drivers are of similar skill. The video shows that on the straighter parts of the circuit the Honda pulls away considerably.

172 sport
what 172 do you have ? might of seen you about i live in creswell/ elmton like 5 mins away

Its a track only car mate,I just trailer it to trackdays,I will keep a look out for you in 172 van though, I might see you out and about,my daily driver is a TVR Chimaera 500 in yellow,keep a look out for me.

172 sport
Awesome bit of driving mate at usual, love all your videos :)

Got any pics of the **** ?

Thanks Stuart,I would post a picture,if I new how to:eek:,its nothing special to look at though,just a old 172 with a carbon bonnet as shown in my avatar.

172 sport
my bad my bad. je just didnt seem to get away so quick to me ....

you running uprated mounts and baffled sump fishcakes?

Where you see his extra power over my Clio, is when he was realy pulling on me down the start finish straight coming out of the slower corner onto it,where I could not get a run on him.Out of the quicker corners I got a run on him,I was exiting at another 10mph out of a corner, this makes it appear that the cars have similar power.
No mate no uprated mounts,or baffled sump,I do have a strut brace though,front and rear.

172 sport
great video, that looks like a really tight track!

Thanks,its the best circuit in the country in my opinion,Ive done at least 15 trackdays there over the years,I never get board of it, like I have done with some other circuits.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for replying mate knew it didn't look standard! Lols!

That track looks fantastic, most are flat and simple that one looked really good, bit much for a beginner probably!

you not worried about starving the engine of oil by running slicks? or ripping the engine off its mounts by the amount of extra sideways force?

172 sport
How did the mx5's go?
Did you get a pass ride??

Sorry Steve,Ive just spotted and replied to this question on the other thread,but I will answer it on this one aswell.No I did not get a ride,my old Clio was quicker though,managed to pass both the blue and white car,and his mate in the red and white one,there was not a lot in it though,he did not want to let me through,the white and blue "Roddison" car was the faster of all the MX5's on the day though.:cool:

172 sport
you not worried about starving the engine of oil by running slicks? or ripping the engine off its mounts by the amount of extra sideways force?

Theres a big difference between new slicks,and old used slicks in terms of levels of grip,they are well passed there best once they have been through a few heat cycles,for example,last year at Cadwell on newish R888's I was lapping at 1m 46s,on used slicks on the front yesterday and A048's on the rear I was only doing around 1m 47/48's,nothing else on the car has changed so it can only be put down to less tyre grip,but I am going to use the slicks now whenever I can on the front,just for economic reasons,I have managed to buy 8 2nd hand slick tyres for £120,R888 are getting so expensive now.
Not that I am too bothered about the car,it cost me £1500 off ebay,18mths ago,its done a trackday a month since,if it breaks I will just buy another one:D