ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insuring Mods

the_baron_von_richthofen

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172 Cup
Hey guys,

I saw this information on a pug 206 site and thought it may be useful here, i know alot of people wont do what is being said in the following but some people do so here it is;

Jamie:
Just a little heads up to those who have project threads on here... Think carefully about posting stuff up about modifications if you don't plan on declaring them to your insurance. I hadn't declared little things like my wheels because I assumed the car came with alloy wheels as standard etc... However when my renewal came through every little thing I had changed on my car was noted on the documents. This is the only place where I have a detailed write up of the car so ipso facto if you don't intend on notifying insurers of any modifications (which of course you should and is expected of you by law) then I advise against displaying them for all to see in the projects section. After all it is a free world and insurers can sign up and browse though the sections looking for cars which they insure.