ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insuring a car thats not in my name??

My current car is registered in my dads name and insured with him with me as a named driver. Im looking to insure it myself this year fully comp but is it possible as its in his name?? I dont want to have to change registered owners as it will add onther person to the cars previous owners. Can i just insure it in my name allthough hes the registered keeper?? any help would be great

any ideas of insurance companies that are cheap for first time mature insurers i.e ive been driving 9 years as a named driver but i have on no claims discount??

DCi
dont know who will do you a good deal, but you might want to do 'test' quotes where you are the registered keeper and where you are not just to see if the difference in price is worth changing anything.

also if your dad is still driving it he would have to be named on your policy as you cant have 2 policies on 1 car (to stop you claiming 2x in 1 accident - ie fraudulent claims!!)

dont know who would be good to check out, I'd just get as many quotes as you can but avoid those comparison websites, they seem to be cwap!!

Clio
Elephant, tesco have always done me ok. Greenlight seems to get metioned alot.

Also add your dad/mum to your policy as a named driver when you do it, will reduce the cost.

Clio 172
Ive just saved £180 quid switching from churchill to direct line and a liitle bit more as direct line do not charge apr if you decide to pay monthly!!!

Civic Type-S GT
admiral let you insure a car that isn't in your name. One of the questions on the form asks who the owner is.

clio sport cup
yes.. but just ask them to put a note on the account that they are aware of this.. better to be prepared !! and as someone said, put your mum on as a named drive.. will bring the cost down..

on my s2000, putting my mum on, even when i was 28 lowered it by £150..