ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insuring a 172

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
hiya guys im new to these forums and have stumbled across a very nice cliosport 172. im 20 with 0 ncb, i know that i should really have at least 1 years ncb or at least wait till im 21 but i really want it lol

can anyone reccommend some insurers that would give me a decent quote (below £2000)?

thanks

Black 172
I've just turned 20 (I have 1 NCB) (3 weeks ago). I bought a 172 4 weeks ago. My insurance is £2200 - best you'll find - trust. Go with elephant.co.uk and add your parent (or someone with lots of NCB and many years experience) as a named driver. Lowers a treat like I said to around £2200. Good luck.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I've just turned 20 (I have 1 NCB) (3 weeks ago). I bought a 172 4 weeks ago. My insurance is £2200 - best you'll find - trust. Go with elephant.co.uk and add your parent (or someone with lots of NCB and many years experience) as a named driver. Lowers a treat like I said to around £2200. Good luck.

well i got a quote for the car under my name with my old man as second driver, its £1850 tpft with elephant but they dont give the option of paying monthly :(

Motorbikes
I'm 20 with 1yr ncb and 1 claim from last year. couldnt get it below £2200 on a 172 cup and i live in a good area i think. thats with elephant, bell, admiral and adrian flux.

Leon Cupra R 225
Im 20 and have 2 yrs ncb and done passplus with dad as named driver, I can get insured for £1390 fully comp with bell direct :) Just need to buy one now

Dci 100
have u tried direct line, I'm with them, ph 2 172, I'm 23 years old with 0 ncb insured for £890 a year fully comp...pretty sweet me thinks

You'll just have to keep ringing round.

I still canot belive what some people pay insurance wise they want over £1k for me I'm ancient.

Dci 100
yeah, used to own a valver :approve: think location has things to do with the price too, so i bet 2 quotes are never the same, but i was pleased with what they quoted me, looking forward to next years renewal...lol

drive a 1.2 for a couple of years then go and play with the big boys.

Fook paying 2k for insurance. You'd have to be a rich mummys boy or plain stupid to pay that imo. They quoted me that and I'm 24 with 1yr ncb. So 1.2 power for me.

Anyways, if you add Daddy as 2nd driver. Wont he loose his years and years NCB if you total the car?

Turbos.
No, if his dad totalled it then ludaprix would lose it. Although he mentioned TPFT which is a bit silly IMO unless the car is worth very little and you were an experienced driver...

This year i paid under £1k for insurance for the first time (i'm 21). If it did it all again i would rather of saved the money to be honest and kept my 1.2 Clio for longer, there is more to life than cars!

clio 172 sport
im 23, 3 years no claims and i pay £450 fully comp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and its even got my girlfriend on aswell!!

Chocolate Bar™
admiral insured me on my 172 for 1200 with a few mods. cheapest by far for me and i'm 21 with 0NCB, and thats with me mum on the policy :eek: she did bring it down 400 quid tho lol

172 Cup
Isnt just based on age and NCB's, postcode, miles, value, storage all come into play,

Best ive got so far with my Cup is £1600 full comp im 20, 2 NCB, Driveway, 10 miles fairly good postcode.

Thats with elephant.

im 23 my 172 sport costs me £1400 with virgin insurance i have one years no claims 3 points and live in a high risk area u can pay monthly with no % extra :star: