ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance!!!!!

Ive just turned 18 and am thinking of getting a 182 as my second car, I've 1 years no claims but i can find an insurer with a decent price! Does anybody know of any cheap insurance companies that that I could go with??

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
  182FF
Im 23 got a 182 when I was 22 with 1 year no claims. On a multicar policy (20% Discount) with my dad. £1250. Ish.

Also With admiral, only thing is if I paid monthly the price almost doubled.. so I was skint for abit.

clio 182 trophy
as above. Admiral/Elephant. Was 18 when I got my 182 with 1 year NCB. Cost me £1600.

I paid that price at 22 with 2 years NCB with Admiral. You had a very good deal. One lad who is an ex student of mine is 18 and paying 5 grand on a fiesta zetec s. Insurance companies just make figures up I swear!

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
My son Matthew is 19 his zetec s is insured with Aviva young drivers £1500 full comp Ollie.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Clio 200 @ 23 £310 8)

when I was 21 buying it, insurance was still a mere £700 lol.

I'd pay all of the above combined not to be insured by Admiral/Elephant/Bell TBH.

This.

For most young Clio RS owners on the forum EUI group companies (Bell in particular) represent the only realistic and not-completely-stupid way to get insured on an RS at a very young age.

Unfortunately calls to them cost a few £million as you're on hold for 45minutes @ premium number rates, optional extras (which you ARE supposed to declare according to the EUI terms & conditions) and the mildest of modifications add a fair whack to your premium, you're not even compensated for optional/extras or modifications unless you take out a separate policy (they wanted to fix the offside of my car with non-cup parts and leave the undamaged nearside on standard cup parts FLOL), it's generally difficult to communicate with their busy/loud call centres, emails don't get replied to etc etc. To be fair they were OK when it came to dealing with a claim, but no TP was involved which must simplify things massively.

172 cup
Elephant here,£720 fully comp at 20 your better off ringing up asking to speak to the manager and saying the price your getting is ridiculous and see if he can help

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
21 with an R26 and paid £1100 fully comp with 2 years NCB. Now 24 and pay £550 for the 182 with 4 years NCB. I think they make it up tbh

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Can I ask, what is the point in having a 182 as a weekend car and 1.2 as a run around?
Similar price and mpg? doesn't make much sense to me, apart from being a money pit.