ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance

clio...
Ok; So insurance is coming up fairly soon. Couple of months left, but like to get things sorted.

I'm 18, 1.2 16v Billabong Clio... But i'm left with the decision of do I take a policy out in my own name? Probably end up paying 1800 (FC) or there abouts Or do I Put my dad as main driver on somewhere like Direct line use his 9 years NCB and be a second driving getting NCB, but then this NCB only works with them. . . I think that works out at a grand. Or my friend was telling me hes just out a policy with norwich union, using his dads no cliams but hes down as like a first driver aswell as his dad and thats 1200 for him on his 1.8 focus.

Advice? ha.

Or has anyone been in a similar position or can recommend any decent insurance companies?

Thanks Kirk

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
When I was with QuinnDirect from May 05-06, had a accident, not my fault. Took ages to win the claim, but got the in the end. They told me my insurance would not rise. What a load of bull, as the renewal came thru with a few more £100 on it!

Then I switched to easyMoney car insurance from May 06-07. Cheap car insurance, no frills is what they said. But the helpline number was a 0906, so costing like 60p a minute. Never had to call them once, well not until today. As I requested proof of my NCD, and also said I don't wish to take their renewal offer.

Then checked out http://www.moneysupermarket.com, put in a few details, and Swiftcover came back as the cheapest.

My renewal with easyMoney was: £718.80, Fully Comp, 2 yr NCD
My new with Swiftcover was: £547.32, Fully Come, 2 yr NCD

Savings: £171.48, so a fair sum saved!

I have only been driving since May 2005, and will be 25 in November. So hopefully my insurance will be much cheaper this time next year.

My top tip ---> http://www.moneysupermarket.com

clio...
I can easily get a quote of less than 500. If i go on my dads name as a 'second' driver. Liverpool victoria. However, this has NO benefit for me, as I will be driving the car full time, I'll not be gaining any sort of NCB and if anything happens when i'm driving the car they'll go wild. I'm currently with them, & When i put my private reg plate on the car they went wild asking 101 questions. Was only put on to save the retension charges.

clio...
haha; This just annoyed me even more. For me to go on the Vouge, 3.0ltr Turbo Diesel as a second driver its only 2700 for the year fully comp.

How the hell does that work? I cannot even get a fully comp policy of my own on a 1.2 for less than 1800 if am lucky 2000 if a try. Wounded.