ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance while at uni?

Alfa 147 GTA
It's renewal time and I don't know what to give as the address of where the car is kept, as I'm at uni and home for almost exactly equal time.

I was shocked to find my home in a small village in the countryside is actually in a worse insurance rated area than the s**thole I live in at uni. Even in a locked garage at home and on the road at uni quotes are cheaper at uni.

Should I just go with the uni address? Say the car was nicked or summat when I was at home I should still be covered right?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
You could tell them it'll be kept at both but if you say it'll be at uni more then they'll most likely just put that address. I have the prob that I'm at London uni so I just told them its kept at home address, which it is a lot, but do have it in london frequently. If something happens, just say you were back home for a few days.

clio 16v
just go with the uni address. even if it is nicked from the other address it doesn't matter. what they ask you is where the vehicle is "usually" kept overnight so it's still covered if you leave it elsewhere.The simple fact is there is no way for an insurance company to prove where you normally leave the car. the only way they could do this would be to check up where it's parked overnight which IMO they are not gona do......