ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance tips...just saved a lot of money..

i know this is probably common sence...

but i got my renewal through for the 182...only something like 40quid cheaper than last year...phoned them up (apparently this was the cheapest they could find..blah blah blah)

so i just said, if i can find a cheaper, will you match..? they said yes..

so thought id look about (bloody time consuming) but instead i thought id use the comparison sites

www.moneysupermarket.com
www.gocompare.com
www.confused.com
www.comparethemarket.com

4 sites i used above are the ones you enter the details and it checks all different insurers...took about half an hour...

my original was something stupid like 510quid..(apparently the cheapest ever)

eventually got one at 310quid..

telephoned my insurer up (adrian flux) and told them...they asked who it was from...told them (flux direct) SAME BLOODY COMPANY...this was after getting a re-quote that came out at the same price...before hand?

so they done one better and knocked another tenner off...

298 quid...

ive never actually sat down and done this..as usually its so much of a hassel, i cant be arsed...but after saving this much? i would always do this from now on..

even though its a pain in the sack...

the 4 sites above are the 4 multi compare pish things i could find...each had different prices from the same insures etc...

i hate insurance companies...

(except for the good looking burds n the call centres, id ride)

I always do this, check loads of companies spend hours doing it (usually whilst at work) and have found quite a big saving between companies.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The compare the market thing is b****cks! Wanted about 2k for the Vee iirc. yep i pay 505£

I always do this, check loads of companies spend hours doing it (usually whilst at work) and have found quite a big saving between companies.

this just happened to be a day off work for me and i thought "f**k it"...i'll spend the time doing it...

its such a tedious shite task...

The compare the market thing is b****cks! Wanted about 2k for the Vee iirc. yep i pay 505£

they brought up my cheapest price too...suprised at the bigger companies wanting soo much??

i'll buy the vee for 20 quid..no..10quid...im due a new one

I've always found the comparison sites to be utter rubbish, when I was with an insurer the comparison thing came back & said that they won't touch me:( It was my current insurance company !

I've always found the comparison sites to be utter rubbish, when I was with an insurer the comparison thing came back & said that they won't touch me:( It was my current insurance company !

its funny...i always thought that too..?? i never bothered my arse?

but for some reason these actually worked out...dont get me wrong...their was a list on the buggers that wouldnt agree to anything...

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
i know this is probably common sence...

but i got my renewal through for the 182...only something like 40quid cheaper than last year...phoned them up (apparently this was the cheapest they could find..blah blah blah)

so i just said, if i can find a cheaper, will you match..? they said yes..

so thought id look about (bloody time consuming) but instead i thought id use the comparison sites

www.moneysupermarket.com
www.gocompare.com
www.confused.com
www.comparethemarket.com

4 sites i used above are the ones you enter the details and it checks all different insurers...took about half an hour...

my original was something stupid like 510quid..(apparently the cheapest ever)

eventually got one at 310quid..

telephoned my insurer up (adrian flux) and told them...they asked who it was from...told them (flux direct) SAME BLOODY COMPANY...this was after getting a re-quote that came out at the same price...before hand?

so they done one better and knocked another tenner off...

298 quid...

ive never actually sat down and done this..as usually its so much of a hassel, i cant be arsed...but after saving this much? i would always do this from now on..

even though its a pain in the sack...

the 4 sites above are the 4 multi compare pish things i could find...each had different prices from the same insures etc...

i hate insurance companies...

(except for the good looking burds n the call centres, id ride)

you have done well,
i have just spent an hour doing the same thing, with the same co's as you mention,
only thing is all come up cheaper, but when i actually added other bits on like protected NCD, & legal & made the policy same as my old Direct Line one, all come up about the same...
car FF 182 2005

Ended up with Direct Line for another 12 months at £373.00 with legal protection, protected no claims, inc goodridge braided hoses
cheapest i could get,
only 1 poor thing, my back boxes are slowly going, started to blow, if i fit a yozza or janspeed with a proven power increase they want additional £188.00
If it is just a standard stainlees steel aftermarket exhaust, without a power increase £0.00
but dont think you can get a replacement stainless steel exhaust without a power increase for the 182 can you?...lol :dapprove:

Burgandy 174 sport t
you have done well,
i have just spent an hour doing the same thing, with the same co's as you mention,
only thing is all come up cheaper, but when i actually added other bits on like protected NCD, & legal & made the policy same as my old Direct Line one, all come up about the same...
car FF 182 2005

Ended up with Direct Line for another 12 months at £373.00 with legal protection, protected no claims, inc goodridge braided hoses
cheapest i could get,
only 1 poor thing, my back boxes are slowly going, started to blow, if i fit a yozza or janspeed with a proven power increase they want additional £188.00
If it is just a standard stainlees steel aftermarket exhaust, without a power increase £0.00
but dont think you can get a replacement stainless steel exhaust without a power increase for the 182 can you?...lol :dapprove:

When its rolled into a ball like shape are they gonna RR it to see if it made power or not?

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
lol, no guess not...

but if you had a bad accident, and it was towed away for inspection....
if it was a known brand exhaust, like janspeed, guess they would not pay you out... if you had not told them!

DMS

A thirsty 172
Do what I've done...
Flux and Greenlight were cheapest for me, so I got them competing for my business.
Go to Flux. Get a quote.
Go to Greenlight. Get a quote.
Whichever's cheapest, call the others up and ask them to beat it.
Then when they do, call the other company and see if they can beat it. They normally do.
Did this two or three times and eventually got the quote down from £713 FC to £566 FC.
Could buy a lot of penny chews for £147.

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
Do what I've done...
Flux and Greenlight were cheapest for me, so I got them competing for my business.
Go to Flux. Get a quote.
Go to Greenlight. Get a quote.
Whichever's cheapest, call the others up and ask them to beat it.
Then when they do, call the other company and see if they can beat it. They normally do.
Did this two or three times and eventually got the quote down from £713 FC to £566 FC.
Could buy a lot of penny chews for £147.

you could be right here, greenlight was only £317.00 for me, but then added on legal cover, protected NCB, then it became the same as Direct Line nearly £400.00, but maybe greenlight will not want additional £188.00 for adding a yozzasport or janspeed exhaust...lol
wonder if greenlight will insure my fiesta van matching the same NCB as i have on my 182, then this would really be worth cancelling Direct line as i have a 14 day cooling of period. l they take is £26.00 if i acel ow!

Last edited: