ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance rant - sorry

Black Gold 182FF
As a few of you know, I had a little knock in the 182 about 8 months ago, but as I now work overseas, I was unable to go ahead with my claim until I got back home last week.
Anyway, I called my insurance company, and the assessor came around this morning to check out the 182. He had a little nosey around and told me he will probably write it off. I was a bit shocked and pointed out that the damage is mainly cosmetic and that I have already replaced most of the damaged parts. All that’s left doing is sorting the suspension as far as I can physically see.
Anyway, he asked what I paid for it, when I bought it, as well as what I thought it was worth. He caught me a little off guard as he phoned about 5 minutes before showing up at my door, so I was still half asleep at the time. He has now decided to have the car collected on Thursday so that they can check it properly on the ramps.
He obviously noticed that I was a bit pi**ed off with his suggestion of writing it off, and asked if I wanted to keep the car, to which I replied yes, as the damage is not beyond repair. I also presumed that the payout would probably be less than what I still owe on it, but not sure until he gets me some figures.
He kept touching on the point of what I thought it was worth, saying that if he writes it off, he will call me to discuss a settlement figure on Thursday. 4 hours later and now that I am awake and thinking about it, I should have just agreed with him, and let him write it off. So now I sit and wait again. lol
Just wanted to get that out my system, rant over.