ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance quote

bg 182 ff
just thought i would give you a laugh. i have just done a insurance quote for my 172 clio on be wiser they gave me back a price of 67100 (no i havent added a extra zero on the end) and they say they are competitive in the current climate

i no i am 22 and have 1 yr ncd but i have no offences of anything

you think they want my buisness??

bg 182 ff
i work in insurance so i no premiums are high but i got a shock when i saw that, tbh i am pretty sure i can insure a aston martin cheaper ha

bg 182 ff
Just gone through a renewal, I got some shockers too..

i have had a look through mate is there any insurance companys you would reccomend?
i have been quoted 1565 with sainsburys but the likes of admiral and that group is very close. i have had quotes with adrian flux but they seem to be high

cheers

123d coupe
Admiral seem to be quite good. 2yrs in a row now

Recently insured my 04 182 for £490 fully com. Im 25, and have 6yrs NCB now?? Or 5, i cant remember lol

Remember insuring my 172 over 5 yrs ago now at around 2800k!! but i did have a DR10 mind....opps.

bg 182 ff
My 1.2 16v is at £2200! ridiculous price, only paid £600 for it! :cry:

i work in the business mate i no your pain.

i have been getting quotes with admiral aswell and that is been 1700 but the monthly instalment charge is near enough a thousand pound!!!!!! i couldnt belive it i even rang them and checked

i have heard some good htings about brentacre from some people on here
would you reccomend it?

clio 172cup
insurance is a joke ! im getting quotes for £700 odd for my 106 quiksilver , for which i paid £420 to insure 2yrs ago and £560 last year ...and ive had no accidents or claims etc ! They want about £1k now to insure the clio, at 21yrs with almost 4ynb :(

Also im currently with admiral and when i put my reg in to get a quote for the clio its still bringing up my 106 ?? surely if i got pulled by the police and they checked my insurance it would cause some issues ? have they not updated it or something :S

bg 182 ff
kaz_quiksilver you will need to get in touch with your insurance provider and make sure what reg they have on file if they have to corrct reg you will need to phone the dvla and clear that. cos your right if your are driving your 172 you will show as not insured

and i no what you mean with insurance my 1st car was a vw lupo which i am part ex'in for my clio it had modifications like tinted windows, lowered, alloys, induction kit and exhaust and they wanted 3300 for my renewal with elephant, i have been quoted 1500 for a standard 172! where is the sense in that? ha

clio 172cup
oh right cheers ! ...but as soon as i got my documents through i rung them and informed them of the change of registration ??? :(

thats crazy ! insurance makes no sense at all haha

clio 172cup
cheers ....yeah it brings up the correct car on both of them so its all good ...just frustrating when im trying to get some quotes lol

MR2 Mk1.5
Do not rely on the registration number , our DVLA lookup system commonly brings up the incorrect vehicle, more so with imports but UK cars as well.

bg 182 ff
yeah them sites arent 100% relaible and as skyinsurance says the systems we work with aswell does the saeme alot of new cars or imports mainly but you do get the odd one that isnt in the system

Clio 172
Im with Elephant, 22 years old 1 years No claims and managed to get them down from £2,200 to £1700 by ringing them. Give them a try. Only been driving for a year and was paying £1800 on a 1.2 dynamique. So £1700 for a 172 aint too bad :)

Clio 172
just thought i would give you a laugh. i have just done a insurance quote for my 172 clio on be wiser they gave me back a price of 67100 (no i havent added a extra zero on the end) and they say they are competitive in the current climate

i no i am 22 and have 1 yr ncd but i have no offences of anything

you think they want my buisness??

Im with Elephant, 22 years old 1 years No claims and managed to get them down from £2,200 to £1700 by ringing them. Give them a try. Only been driving for a year and was paying £1800 on a 1.2 dynamique. So £1700 for a 172 aint too bad :)

Try ringing them to confirm if they're serious? Ha!

I'm 23, 2.5 yrs NCB, 1 accident, no points on £850 :s I should stop complaining I guess!