ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance question

Monaco Blue Mk2
I rang my insurance company before (Quinn Direct) I was just asking about my new alloys and lowering. I asked what difference this would make to my policy and he just goes, "nothing". I was like, "oh that's good. So I won't be invalidating my policy by putting uprated bigger wheels on and changing the suspension to lower my car?" He just said again "no thatll be fine". I then asked do I need to state what make etc they are and will they be sending me a revised insurance certificate with the mods on. He said no it's fine how it is. I was a bit unsure of this so asked about if I had an accident and the wheels were damaged would they be replaced etc. He said "No we'll just pay the book price." So I asked could I insure them then so they will be paid for. "He again said no"! lol

What I want to know is, does this all sound about right? Should I be concerned that they're just not bothered what mods I've got and make the most of it? And also, is he lying to me? Is it possible for me to insure my mods with Quinn?

Any help appreciated

BMW Z4 3.0i
If I were you I would want a new certificate with the mods listed on the certificate. This way you don't get them claiming they were undeclared come pay-out time.

Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B
if you read the terms on quinn directs webpage, you cant have anytrhing on your car, as loing as it doesnt increase power. they are not bothered aobut exterior mods. :)

that should help you.

id go with them, but you gotta have clean record, no crasheds no points

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
^^ if there not bothered about mods

a) they should atleast acknowledge them by addign them to your policy

b) is it worth it if you crash/get crashed into and they dont pay for them!

Monaco Blue Mk2
Yeah thats what I'm thinking really. I certainly want a new certificate to be honest with them on but they're saying it's not necessary. My insurance is up with them soon anyway so I'll see what the score is with some other companies.

get the mods written down on your insurance policy certificate. that way you wont be fucked when you have a smash

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
GazCB said:
If I were you I would want a new certificate with the mods listed on the certificate. This way you don't get them claiming they were undeclared come pay-out time.

Mate, No one will send out a list of mod's for you... Just think how much paperwork that will cause us... All the phone calls will be on c.d. so take down the time/person you spoke to and keep a note for further reference...

As for the Mod's make sure the insurance company covers "like for like on the mods"! Flux do. at the end of the day you usually get what you pay for- you wanna pay that extra ££ for that nice set of alloys/b.kit then go with that insurance company that saves you a tenner on your premium... but when you crash/damage you get book price for the car and nothing for the mod's then will not be a happy bunny!!

Golf GTI 1.8T
most insurance companies have this in their small print. they will only pay out for OE parts.

BMW Z4 3.0i
mgrlane said:
Mate, No one will send out a list of mod's for you... Just think how much paperwork that will cause us...

Oh, I'm sorry! Was I inadvertantly asking for something back in exchange for my hundreds of pounds? Most guys on here are probably paying over £500 a year for their car insurance and a lot will be paying over £1000. Now alright a few of us are gonna crash our cars and make work for you, but for the amount we pay in premiums is a new sheet of A4 paper really too much for ask for? Cheeky Fooking b'stard if you ask me! :mad: