ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Question

Monaco 172 2/468
Coming up to renewal time :S and have a question about past claims.

Last year some kind young t0sser put my drivers window through, and I paid £50 excess, got it all sorted etc. Now when I come to get new insurance, do I mention this as an accident\incident or not. If I put it down as e.g. Malicious damage it adds like £120 to my insurance ? Can you get away with not mentioning this ??

I need to know whats best to do before I start ringing people tomorrow, hopefully Green Light will be able to offer me something good :D

Shouldn't make any difference whether you tell them or not.

I'd say nothing if it were me.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
No you dont have to say anything...

Its just a window claim using the normal Windscreen excess i assume?

Ive gone thry 2 front windscreens once... it doesnt affect ur NCD or anything.

Monaco 172 2/468
It definitely hasn't affected my NCD, I still have 2 years. Just the standard £50 excess for damages.

I am currently with Elephant, and presume they have it logged somewhere, do you think i'm best moving away from them, or shouldn't they add i to my new policy ?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Ibanezman said:
Coming up to renewal time :S and have a question about past claims.

Last year some kind young t0sser put my drivers window through, and I paid £50 excess, got it all sorted etc. Now when I come to get new insurance, do I mention this as an accident\incident or not. If I put it down as e.g. Malicious damage it adds like £120 to my insurance ? Can you get away with not mentioning this ??

I need to know whats best to do before I start ringing people tomorrow, hopefully Green Light will be able to offer me something good :D

Mate, all you have is a "window screen claim" aslong as they did not smash up the rest of the car then you dont really have anything to worry about...

Mike
a.flux