ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance question

titanium 182
I was just looking at insurance quotes etc and the cheapest i could find was with admiral who i am currently insured with however,..
In November someone drove into the back of my car - obviously her fault as i was stationary at the traffic light - anyway
when i look at the quote if i say i've not been involved in any claims etc it is £637 but if i say i have been involved in a claim despite the fact it was not my fault and won't cost my insurance company a penny the cost goes up to £768 how can they carge me an extra £150 because someone drove into the back of my car! (these are internet quotes by the way) Could i negotiae it down?
Anyone got any experience of this?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
some insurance companies charge if you have been involved in an accident, regardless if it was your fault or didnt even claim on your own insurance.

Civic Vtec y0
If you are currently a customer, fone them up and say you want to renew your insurance for another year. When they give you a quote just ask them if that crash has affected your new policy price. If they say it has then as for a logical explaination why?? if they still want to charge you extra then say you have not problem cancelling the policy and moving to another company and also say you have foned another company and the crash does not affect your quote and they have gave you a compeditive price!

9 times out of 10 they will bring the price down as you are already a customer!

Let us know how you get on...

titanium 182
OK thanks for your advice - they are realy getting on my nerves as this woman drove into my car in November and they still haven't even contacted her insurance company until last week - can't manage to speak to the same person and just seem to be going round in circles with them!

Anyway good advice about speaking to them and asking them to justify the cost.

Thanks

titanium 182
got an email quote from them (not including the ongoing claim) and they were more expensive then told me if i waited another month the insurance would go down £120 as I would be 25 rather than 24 and 11months! I think I will ring them though as it was a quote for me on my own whereas admiral quote went down when i put my dad on it so I think I'll ring them - I think we get a discount with greenlight also don't we?