ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Question?! Anyone With Any Info....

VRS
Currently looking for insurance quotes for my girlfriend

she has been on her mums insurance as a named driver since she started driving

now that she has finished uni shes looking to start up her own insurance next month as her renewal is due

she made a claim (it was a 50/50) shared claim, when another driver side swiped her

now my question is:

does this count as a claim against her when she starts her first insurance policy under her own name?

i would have thought it would have been a clean sheet for her as the claim was on her mums insurance and she was only a named driver?! is this right?

the reason i ask is her mum is with direct line, the girlfriend got a quote for her own insurance from direct line and they said the premium would be a bit higher as she has claimed in the past??!!

surely it would go against her mums insurance and not her first one?

cheers for the help guys

andy

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Have you tried Diamond Andy?

My gf had a crash, lost her 2 yrs NCB with Tesco - who then quoted that come renewal time her premium would rise by 40% - so we tried Diamond, who with no NCB and the fault claim declared were cheaper than Tesco before she'd made the claim and with her 2 yrs NCB.

Can't help with the question in your opening post sorry mate.