ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Query

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Problems again with the insurance. This time it looks like i aint going to have any car insurance during April. This is due to my current policy running out with tesco on the 31st of march and Bell wont insure my 172 until ive been driving exactly 12 months (At 11 months it will cost 5k and at 12 months it will cost 2k) therefore it seems im going to be without insurance for a month and a half...

any suggestions what i should do?

/carl

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
yeah but its no slower than a 1.2 lol, i'm pretty sure an ethyopian cold beat me in my commute each day lol.

anychance of car sharing with some one? or is ther another car you can use? How old are you btw?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
yeah but its no slower than a 1.2 lol, i'm pretty sure an ethyopian cold beat me in my commute each day lol.

anychance of car sharing with some one? or is ther another car you can use? How old are you btw?

im 17, 18 on the 27th of march. Car sharing isnt a possibility and temporary insurance also isnt due to my age. :(

/carl

172 A Cupwork Orange™
can u not just get temp insurance on ur 1.2 for a month why is temp insurance out of the question is it your age ?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
can u not just get temp insurance on ur 1.2 for a month why is temp insurance out of the question is it your age ?

yeah i cant find a company that covers under 21's for temp insurance

/carl

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
could take out a new policy, and use the right to a full refund within 14 days.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
why dont you start a policy on the 1.2, then when your old enough phone up and change it to the 1*2 and pay the increased premium.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
why dont you start a policy on the 1.2, then when your old enough phone up and change it to the 1*2 and pay the increased premium.

As bell have quoted me 2.2k on my 1.2 since ive only been driving for 11 months :quiet:

i think i may continue my policy with tesco with my 1.2 and cancel it in time for my new policy in may with Bell.

/carl

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
That is some really expensive insurance..im 18 coming up for 19 n really don't see gettin a 2.0 engine as a sensible option in terms of insurance :eek: Would be rather fun to own a 172 tho :)

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
That is some really expensive insurance..im 18 coming up for 19 n really don't see gettin a 2.0 engine as a sensible option in terms of insurance :eek: Would be rather fun to own a 172 tho :)

its not that sensible really but its a hobby of mine and ive worked hard getting my 172 working so all i need now is the insurance :)

/carl

Dynamique+ 1.4
How have you got a 172 down to 2.2k at 18 with Bell. best quote i had off them was £3000 3rdparty fire n theft for a ph1 172 for when im 18. and that was insured for £2500 :(

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
How have you got a 172 down to 2.2k at 18 with Bell. best quote i had off them was £3000 3rdparty fire n theft for a ph1 172 for when im 18. and that was insured for £2500 :(

insurance is mainly based on where you live it seems so that must be it. its 2500 with an excess of £500 or 2200 with an excess of £1000 so thats the choice i have to make :)

/carl

Dynamique+ 1.4

insurance is mainly based on where you live it seems so that must be it. its 2500 with an excess of £500 or 2200 with an excess of £1000 so thats the choice i have to make :)

/carl
is that 2.2k on third party. My address and postcode is cheshire...

MCS R56
Madness - £1000 excess on a £2.2K policy!!! You are either completely minted or completely mad.

Why not drive a car that will insure you? I've got to laugh at people who consider paying that for a Clio. You will have paid around £2K on insurance, at least £1K on fuel and £205 on tax for a year. What's the car worth?...£4500? In 2 years you will have parted with more than £6K for a car worth approx £4500. You may hate me for saying this but statistics say you probably will have an accident - hence the insurance quote. Keep the 1.2!

Dynamique+ 1.4
Madness - £1000 excess on a £2.2K policy!!! You are either completely minted or completely mad.

Why not drive a car that will insure you? I've got to laugh at people who consider paying that for a Clio. You will have paid around £2K on insurance, at least £1K on fuel and £205 on tax for a year. What's the car worth?...£4500? In 2 years you will have parted with more than £6K for a car worth approx £4500. You may hate me for saying this but statistics say you probably will have an accident - hence the insurance quote. Keep the 1.2!
No offence like, but if he wants a 172, like i do, who are you to tell him not to get one? I mean hell he already has the car!!!

Ive had quotes of 2.5k 3rd party fire n theft, for a car worth about 4 grand. It is expensive but at the end of the day its your money, And driving your pride and joy sensibly and giving it abit of a boot when you feel its safe to do so. Whats the harm in that??

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

No offence like, but if he wants a 172, like i do, who are you to tell him not to get one? I mean hell he already has the car!!!

Ive had quotes of 2.5k 3rd party fire n theft, for a car worth about 4 grand. It is expensive but at the end of the day its your money, And driving your pride and joy sensibly and giving it abit of a boot when you feel its safe to do so. Whats the harm in that??

have to agree, see my project post: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=296524

its not like ive just gone and bought a 172 and not appreciate it. Ive put alot of hard work into my car its my pride and joy and if anything happens to it i will be past myself. The whole experience of my project has taught me alot about my car and has given me much pride in it so just because it reads "18 year old driving a 172" it doesnt tell the whole story.

/carl

Dynamique+ 1.4

have to agree, see my project post: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=296524

its not like ive just gone and bought a 172 and not appreciate it. Ive put alot of hard work into my car its my pride and joy and if anything happens to it i will be past myself. The whole experience of my project has taught me alot about my car and has given me much pride in it so just because it reads "18 year old driving a 172" it doesnt tell the whole story.

/carl
If i can get quotes down to £2000 for insurance 3rd party or F/C then ill be getting one in about 5 months when ive been driving a year, Cant wait, i just love them!!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

/carl
If i can get quotes down to £2000 for insurance 3rd party or F/C then ill be getting one in about 5 months when ive been driving a year, Cant wait, i just love them!!

most places would prefer you to insure FC so therefore you will find FC actually cheaper than 3rd party. Just put the excess up really high if you can afford it.

but yeah im obsessed with them.

/carl

Dynamique+ 1.4

most places would prefer you to insure FC so therefore you will find FC actually cheaper than 3rd party. Just put the excess up really high if you can afford it.

/carl
had some brokerking quoting me £2450 3rd party fire n theft off confused.com ill try again but last time i did quotes F/C they where coming in at £4000+

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

/carl
had some brokerking quoting me £2450 3rd party fire n theft off confused.com ill try again but last time i did quotes F/C they where coming in at £4000+

try Bell, they will only quote you for normal prices when you've had a years worth of driving + 1 years NCB mind.

/carl

Dynamique+ 1.4

try Bell, they will only quote you for normal prices when you've had a years worth of driving + 1 years NCB mind.

/carl
i aint got a years no claims.... just one years experience.

MCS R56

quote]

Absolutely, if he wants the car then go for it. But I still laugh at guys paying that amount for insurance on Clios etc. Driving can still be fun for a whole lot less money. 90% of young drivers buying Sports etc are just trying to out-do their friends.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

quote]

Absolutely, if he wants the car then go for it. But I still laugh at guys paying that amount for insurance on Clios etc. Driving can still be fun for a whole lot less money. 90% of young drivers buying Sports etc are just trying to out-do their friends.

hmm most of my mates dont drive and the ones who do all drive s**t heeps as they have no interest in cars, so no im not trying to out-do my friends.

/carl

Dynamique+ 1.4
hmm most of my mates dont drive and the ones who do all drive s**t heeps as they have no interest in cars, so no im not trying to out-do my friends.

/carl
Well if you have an intrest in cars and your mates do then whats the problem? a 172 sport would outdo all my mates cars but alot of them think theyre hard with 1.4 sport corsas with this n that done to it, "arghh yeh mate its fast..." I mean how fast can a 1.4 be? its just be good to have a standard 2.0 that pisses alllll over them.