ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance pricey

clio 182 sport
ive got a 182 sport and my renewal is 590 quid the thing is im 39 years old been driving 20 yrs. my wife on policy aswell shes been driving 7 years. plus 9 years ncb that price is with esure . do you reccomend anyone for a quote thanks.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
i'm 39 only got 3 years ncb ( commuted on the bike for 8 years so lost all my car ncb ) i pay about £350 full comp with the mrs named driver with admiral

f**king hell mate !!!

That sounds steep, my insurance was only £304 Fully Comp for the year for a 27 year old with 6 yrs ncb, no acidents and points but a 6 month ban for totting up with direct Line.

Mods declared too but won't affect me till my renewal next August they said as i pay it all off in a one'r.

It may have something to do where you live too, as i think that wht helps me as i don't exactly live in a crime hot spot :)

Big Time Car Theft in Aberdeen ??

"Whats that" ???

Or do i speak too soon ? :S

Clio 172 Cup
ive got a 182 sport and my renewal is 590 quid the thing is im 39 years old been driving 20 yrs. my wife on policy aswell shes been driving 7 years. plus 9 years ncb that price is with esure . do you reccomend anyone for a quote thanks.

Try Adrian Flux they`re quite cheap i`m same age as u and mine is £478 i think cud be cheaper.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
@ 23 with 5yrs NCB (protected) mine was £470 that was with privilege

ph1 black 172
im 25, 2 years no claims, no points, direct line quoted £434 fully comp with £150 excess, with the wife as a named driver whos 24.(in the end we have a multicar policy and i got it for £307.......and i did this for insurance to start 01/12/2010)

Da

Less
I'm 28, full NCB (I forget exactly) all mods declared, £422 FC with £200 excess.

MR2 Mk1.5
Have you tried my company? It is always hard to say without running details though the computer system but the price does sound high to me!

I'll PM you.

R26
Yes and no.. it basicially opens up more companies who are willing to provide cover for you (a lot of insurers dont touch under 21 year olds). As more companies will quote you, it drives the price down a little.

Thanks for that just mine is EXTREMELY expensive at the moment and am looking to renew when i turn 21...

audi a6 3.0tdi
i'm 26 got it as my 2nd car so no ncb attached to it and its £630 with modifications. mines limited mileage though.

MR2 Mk1.5
Thanks for that just mine is EXTREMELY expensive at the moment and am looking to renew when i turn 21...

No worries. Insurance for under 21 years olds IS expensive.. when I was your age I was paying over a £grand to insure a Fiesta XR2 worth £150.. that was nearly 10 years ago!!

Ollie
Sky Insurance

PH1 172 Sport
I can fully recommend Sky Insurance as they did me a cracking deal on insurance earlier today. The not only matched my lowest quote but took another £50 off of it.

MR2 Mk1.5
I can fully recommend Sky Insurance as they did me a cracking deal on insurance earlier today. The not only matched my lowest quote but took another £50 off of it.

Great stuff! Thanks for the feedback.

Please do not hesitate to PM me if you have any queries, you can also confirm proof of club membership by sending me your full name and postcode.

Kind regards

Ollie
Sky Insurance

As has been suggested, in terms of your age, it does sound high!

"Navy" N17 TWO
I got my renewal today -
03 172
26 years old
7years NCB protected
N. Ireland

£437 - Greenlight

55 trophy
23 years old
3 years NCB
0 points
7k miles a year
£540 fully comp with Admiral/Tesco (both came out same price)

Renewal price in March is £460 with around £80 more for protected no claims