ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance now arranged :-)

Just got my insurance arranged, now just have to wait until a week on Saturday to pick up my 182!!!!

Got quoted happy by Nowich Union at £402 fully comp, protected no claims. I do have 10+ years NCB though and am 32! They beat my previous best quote from Privilege by approx £80. Some places were quoteing me £900+:eek:

Does that sound like a good quote to anyone?

Yup wish i got a quote for a 182 like that mine was 760 when i was looking

[Edited by madman1981 on 20 October 2004 at 8:32pm]

Hi Steven............not bad for a flat capped old codger eh:D..............only joking keep your hair on (if you still have any:D)

Cya Stu

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 20 October 2004

Hi Steven............not bad for a flat capped old codger eh:D..............only joking keep your hair on (if you still have any:D)

Cya Stu
:) Ive got hair at the moment - but probably wont have once I start driving my 182!

protected is a bit of a con if u ask me they say if u make a claim when u have protected your premium will not go up but it will ways does its just a con to get a few more quid out of u

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Quote: Originally posted by randy16v on 22 October 2004
protected is a bit of a con if u ask me they say if u make a claim when u have protected your premium will not go up but it will ways does its just a con to get a few more quid out of u

Thats not what its for! If you have an accident (your fault) and you dont have protected no claims then your insurance will go up by a *huge* amount. I think I looked before and with no-claims it was about £520 for the 172, same details but without "no claims bonus" was like £1300 or something. Having an accident with "protected no claims" will put your insurance up by a small amount.

Protecting your no-claims is a pretty smart thing to do.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Your premium will go up anyway if you make a claim (trust me) but you still have all your years no-claims, which makes a lot more difference to the price.