ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance? i certainly dont understand it

Clio 182
Right story starts that i am currently paying just under £1200 for my 182 to insure (im 21 btw) however after much deliberation i decided i might purchase a 200.
All good so far
So i have decided to check my insurance first however i have just renewed my insurance so just adjusted the car on my online quote.

The price came through exactly the same so i thought win win:approve:

However to make sure i have rang Admiral direct to check this is the case where the only 200 they could find on their system was a 5 door so i went along with it as the chap had no other options.
He then explained that it would go up by £800 :eek:

So i went back the website have typed all my details in as if i am a new customer and it came up at £1086 so £100 cheaper than my 182????

Has anyone else had this dilemma in swapping form a 182 to a 200??
Thanks Rich

Must have put you down as the wrong car, the 200 doesn't come in 5 door?

But yes new quotes usually come in cheaper than renewals, always pays to check.

None
they will always quote you more if you ring them up, it's a surcharge to pay the staff sitting behind the phones!, it's also a way of punishing people without internet access :evil:

MINI FJCW
they will always quote you more if you ring them up, it's a surcharge to pay the staff sitting behind the phones!, it's also a way of punishing people without internet access :evil:

Cant be that much of a surcharge lol.

On my insurance now, first year, 17, I done an online quote and came out at£1400, then rang up 'Its going to be roughly 5 grand' :eek: :nono:

I think you know which one i went for lol.

None
The difference between phone and internet can be amazing though, a couple of grand easy on high performance cars!
but then again i wouldn't touch some of them internet companies with a barge pole, the certificate might say insured but try making a claim and they'll move heaven and earth to get out of paying!

Clio 182
Twas admiral btw. So do you think that the £1100 quote was right ?

As if it is i will be putting a deposit down on a 200.

I just assumed that if the car trebled in value it would reflect on the insurance.
But i suppose that newer cars have better alarms and immobilisers etc.
The problem i have is that the qoute will only last until 31st of october and the car will not be ready to pick up until after then. So after that they could quote me whatever they wanted and i would be up s**t creek so to speak

Audi TT 3.2
this happened with me recently! i got the online quote reference code and gave it to the kady on the other end of the phone and she sorted me out with the cheaper online quote!