ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Groups!

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
is the ph2 nots more secure and safer than a ph1.

also remember the insurance groups went from being 20 to being 50 not so long ago.

i'm pretty surewhat was 3 went up to about group 9 group.

i think the trophy (grp 17) is now group 39 or something.

C

clvs2222

is the ph2 nots more secure and safer than a ph1.

also remember the insurance groups went from being 20 to being 50 not so long ago.

i'm pretty surewhat was 3 went up to about group 9 group.

i think the trophy (grp 17) is now group 39 or something.

group 39? it only goes upto 20! :S

306 GTI-6
Erm at the moment it goes up to 20, but there are changes a foot to have 50 groups, should save some people some money if you work out your current group against the new one as a percentage placing in the groups.

Having said that, if the new no age discrimination bill thingy goes through, and insurance companies cant charge younger people more for insurance, everyones insurance is going to go up anyway.

350Z GT
if your car model has 'Sport' in the name or 'RSI' even if its a 1.2/1.4/1.6 they'll make the most of that and bump up the insurance group. Was looking around at Megane Coupe's a while ago and as they call the 1.4 a "Coupe 1.4 Sport" it had was in the same insurance group as the "Coupe 1.6 Expression/Dynamique/Fidji etc etc" If your car dont have sport in the name then im confused as i cant see how a 1.2 would be a group 10.

306 GTI-6
My current car is group 5 (25%) of the 20 insurance groups, when it changes to 50 groups I will be group 11 (just over 20%) of the groups, so in theory that should be cheaper.

The increase in groups is to stop peple at the bottom of the group having to pay the same as people whose cars are at the upper limits of the group

306 GTI-6
Just to let you know, a 2003 RS clio 172 or 182 will be group 31 when the new groups come out.

so thats group 16 of 20 = 80%;
compared to
group 31 of 50 = 62%

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
My Lupo goes from 11 to 22, so from 55% down to 44%, wonder what real life effect it will have though!

306 GTI-6
Thats it, i suspect real world savings will be negligible for most. Like I said, I am expecting car insurance to go up quite a lot if the governement passes the anti-age discrimination laws that are being talked about. Because they sure as hell wont put the younger drives insurance down, they will raise the older drivers insurance to create the parity.