ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

INSURANCE GROUP

197 cup
lol no bought it had it insured then had a falling out with the bloody parents and they cancelled the insurance guted nw trying to insure it in my own name oooops

197 cup
lol sounds like that might need to be the plan of attack. lol i feel like a t.it ive been lookin for ages to find that and i couldnt find it for the life of me hahahahahaha lol

197 cup
that is true but the cheapest i can find in 1800 with a 3000 cumpulsary excess thats mental thought it would be alot cheaper than that

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Get it in your own name, be bad for a year, but fronting makes baby jesus cry

Totally agree. Won't he have no ncb if mum and dad have been fronting his previous policy? In which case doubtful that'll be cheap with limited experience-ouch! :(

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
that is true but the cheapest i can find in 1800 with a 3000 cumpulsary excess thats mental thought it would be alot cheaper than that

FLOL, please say that's a typo!?

If not, what did the policy cost for a normal excess of say £200-250?

197 cup
just ran a quote there making it as me having 1 years no claims and being 1 yr older and its down to 600 gonna have to just take the hit this year i think cheers for the advice lads

197 cup
it didnt giv the policy as that little excess i typed in 500 volountry and it came back with 3000 compulsary and that was on gocompare and compare the market

£1800 it is then.

That'll be the yearly price i assume? What is it per month?

Seems very high for a group 15 tbh, my first car was group 14 and that was no where near £1800. Must be the area maybe? Or your age?

197 cup
im 24 and i dnt stay in that bad an area it didnt giv the monthly payment option it just said contact the insurer i found it very expensive aswell strange

197 cup
im 24 though and i stay in a fairly decent area i think there just at it i say we start a military coup style protest against insurance companies

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Try actual companies mate, not comparison sites.

Brentacare, elephant etc.

This. And you MUST RING them, not online.

Try chris knott, sky and brentacre. When you ring brentacre you need to tell them its modified, will more than likely make it cheaper :D

197 cup
cheers lads finally managed to find it for 1300 so happy with that its under the 10mnth bonus accelarator scheme so im gnna get that on monday i think cheers for all the advice

Fronting at 24? FFS if you had insured cars properly before now you'd have got that for £650 with a £300 excess!

197 cup
lol nt fronting only just got my car licence november 2008 as i was always on bikes b4 that so had no need to insure a car smart arse

You quite clearly were fronting before you fell out with your parents though...

Also, a lot of insurers will accept bike NCB towards a car will they not?

197 cup
wasnt fronting was just looking for a cheaper option to insure the car turns out its only been working out 280 a year cheaper. there doesnt seem to be an option online for bike no claims

dfp_500telephone.jpg

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
wasnt fronting was just looking for a cheaper option to insure the car turns out its only been working out 280 a year cheaper. there doesnt seem to be an option online for bike no claims

Lol the duck :lolup:

Was gonna say-are you a mute br33n? :quiet:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Carole nash will do a policy with bike no claims, as will lexham, plus some more (got them written down somewhere). Been looking into this myself as I want a second car and just sold my bike so got 3 years going spare.

You will need to call them though, which you seem afraid to do...