ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance for a friend

Just passed his test, 17, 1.2 8v Punto, Insurance group 4.

He's tried so many companies now, ive been helping aswell. Cheapest is 2800..

Any ideas?

Clio 182 arctic
add an older driver with older being over 25 and preferably female. maybe 3rd party only. unless its a newer car.
also on elephant/admiral website they do a 10month bonus accelerator policy, makes it cheaper and you get 1yrs no claims after 10months.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Third party, get his mum on there.

Go Compare.
Money Supermarket.
Compare the Market.

add an older driver with older being over 25 and preferably female. maybe 3rd party only. unless its a newer car.
also on elephant/admiral website they do a 10month bonus accelerator policy, makes it cheaper and you get 1yrs no claims after 10months.

Tried that, made the cheapest quote go up.

Forgot to say the 2800 quote is tpft.

Tried the bonus policies, all ridiculous. Endsleigh wanted 4k for 6 months effectively.

Clio 182 arctic
the joys of being 17 i think. mine was a similar price when i passed, tpft aswell. dropd by over £1300 after 1st year.

Mini Cooper S
My Punto just after I passed was £1700 TPFT with both parents and pass plus.

It was through Adrian Flux.

Try companies where he can build up no claims as a named driver, Direct line etc.

Before I get lynched, some companies allow you to select a named driver as the main driver - so no insurance fronting.

What about playing around with the excesses and mileage?

It sounds silly, but I found that adding my mum to my policy (with me policy holder) with her as a named driver, made my quote go down. so adding your parents is a good idea.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Try Asda/Tesco etc they were good when I was younger. Also Aviva were good on my 1st car but that was a few years ago haha

Tesco do 'value' insurance which is very basic but at least covers him. TBH without spending a day calling everyone direct he wont find a good price at that age.