ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance for 17 year old male

'91 Clio RT =D
Hey can you tell me the best places to insure a 1991 1.4 MK1 Clio RT on third party f&t (i cant afford fully comp)

at the minute the best place I have found is £1700 and thats if I do the pass plus course.

Can you all give me advice on where to look for cheap prices and which boxes give great discounts

Cheers
Craig

P.s. before you say it Im currently looking on confused.com and moneysupermarket.com etc

dont go on your parents, its 'fronting' and its FRAUD!

Just have to do what everyone has to do and shop around. TBH you will probably find it for about £1500 fully comp. Normally TPFT wont save you much these days

I had to pay those kind of prices to when I started out. 5 years later and I can insure that kind of car for £250, or as I am doing, a 197 Cup for £650!

Titanium 182
Do what everyone else does, search around.

Or use the search on this site, theres a million insurance threads about younger drivers etc.

if the policy holder is the main driver then its not fraud, but in MOST cases where a young driver insures a car under a parents name, its the young driver who is the main driver and therefore it IS fraud

'91 Clio RT =D
did anyone have a better quote than 1500 (rounded to nearest £100) recently with tpf&t with pass plus?

Cheers
Craig

Titanium 182
Going on your parents insurance isn't fraud, if it was you wouldnt be able to do it.

Wrong.

I can tell insurance i park my car in the garage to get cheaper insurance even though i don't. Thats fraud but its still possible.

1 Series Coupe
Going on your parents insurance isn't fraud, if it was you wouldnt be able to do it.

Wrong.

I can tell insurance i park my car in the garage to get cheaper insurance even though i don't. Thats fraud but its still possible.

Its cheaper if you park it in a garage for a reason. But people will do anything these days to get insurance cheaper. It's when they claim they will have the problem... 'yea mr insurance inspector man, all these bits ive added are standard mateee'

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Quinn Direct used to be cheap for young/new drivers, apparently it's more expensive now though. Still worth a try. You tried churchill and bell?

'91 Clio RT =D
churchill is 1590.75 fully comp plus legal cover

its cheaper to go fully comp than tpft

how wierd?

Admiral:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Wrong.

Its cheaper if you park it in a garage for a reason. But people will do anything these days to get insurance cheaper. It's when they claim they will have the problem... 'yea mr insurance inspector man, all these bits ive added are standard mateee'

off topic for the op, but it costs me more if i say my car is in the garage.

gocompare.com
granted i forgot to change it from female to male but still 17 they come up with auto direct £862 and it was fully comp as the cheapest!! :eek::S my mistake or theirs i wouldnt be able to say...pic says it all though...

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 78
  BLACK GOLD 182
gocompare.com
granted i forgot to change it from female to male but still 17 they come up with auto direct £862 and it was fully comp as the cheapest!! :eek::S my mistake or theirs i wouldnt be able to say...pic says it all though...

yeh i can understand that for a female but males will be like 1.6/1.7k if thats what your getting

gocompare.com

yeh i can understand that for a female but males will be like 1.6/1.7k if thats what your getting

worth a go though, feel sorry for the kid if he ends up paying tht much