ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Credit Agreement...

Trophy #473
Im not 100% clued up on this but this seems a bit open ambiguious. Can anyone advise please.

agreement1.jpg

Nathan

Trophy #473
I know its not the best quality. Iva had a quote for £640, payed a deposit of £140 and then £66.50 by direct debit each month but this seems to say that the 66.50 is variable?!

Is that correct?

I have not signed or taken out the policy yet.

Chelsea tractor
So you're paying £140 + £210 + (£66.50 x 12) = £1,148 ? (correct me if I'm wrong - I can't read that small)

Trophy #473
9 monthly payments of 66.50 deposit of 140 and im not sure where that 210 comes in tbh.

172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
The 210 is the charge for credit so basically how much more you are paying back than you are borrowing.

It does look on that form like the APR is indeed variable so your payments could change if the interest rate goes up. Thats a bit odd for a fixed term personal loan tho, they are usual fixed.

Chelsea tractor
Ok, so £140 + (66.5 x 12) = £938

That's still a lot, isn't it? Would be more handy if they told you the total amount payable.

172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
Looking at it i think its £140 + initial payment of 66.50 plus 9 further payments of 66.5 so a total of £805. If you take off that the 210 charge for credit the actual insurance is costing £595

It does seem to make a reasonable insurance quote quite bad when you look at it that way. Shopping round for an insurer slightly more expensive but with better credit might be an idea. If the cars standard direct line do 0% and most of the big TV advertisers do it for 12.9% which is the standard going rate.

Trophy #473
Well that was with Adrian Flux. Needless to say I canceled that. Got a quote from Sky after they replied in my other thread. They ended up being the cheapest by a fair bit and only costing an extra £81 to pay monthly. Should have tryed them first tbh.

I was with Direct line but they wanted £1800 on renewal... thats a £1000 increase from my premium with them last year.

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
Well that was with Adrian Flux. Needless to say I canceled that. Got a quote from Sky after they replied in my other thread. They ended up being the cheapest by a fair bit and only costing an extra £81 to pay monthly. Should have tryed them first tbh.

I was with Direct line but they wanted £1800 on renewal... thats a £1000 increase from my premium with them last year.

direct line they have just done the same to me, they put it up some stupid amount. so currently phoning all the insurance companies up and already been quoted excellent price with the engine conversion and other mods declared.