ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Companies are GAY

Just been getting quotes on a 172.... I have had quotes in the past of around £1600 fully comp, but now I can't beat £1900!

Im aged 20,
good post code,
1yrs NCB,
2.5yrs driving experience,
no claims / crashes or speeding convinctions

What should I be paying? I was aiming for £1500 fully comp, any higher than this and I will have to keep the 1.2, i have to make a decision by the weekend.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Another insurance thread, well mine was only £907 at 21 with 0NCB

Who are you with Rollo?
I hate these threads too, but I couldnt believe it when I saw it had gone up, im 20 ffs, it used to be £2.5k when i was 17 on a provisonal, so £2k now takes the piss.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
my mate just payed £850 - 21, 2ncb, driving since he was 17

cheapest quote i've had is £1400 at 19 with 3ncb.

his was with churchill, mine was with elephant mate, but try www.ecarinsurance.co.uk aswell, they can be quite cheap.

Just been getting quotes on a 172.... I have had quotes in the past of around £1600 fully comp, but now I can't beat £1900!

Im aged 20,
good post code,
1yrs NCB,

What should I be paying? I was aiming for £1500 fully comp, any higher than this and I will have to keep the 1.2, i have to make a decision by the weekend.

It's your age.

Postcode, NCB etc do not mean jack mate.
Just hang on if you can - will be worth it.

Directline, cheapest for me by far.

Barstewards won't even quote me now.

How can an insurance company be gay?

By saying a price 4 months ago that has now gone up £400.

Im aged 20,
good post code,
1yrs NCB,

It's your age.

I realise that, but im 20 now surely it should be cheaper than that, its not a Skyline, I used to get quotes of £1500-1600 dunno why its suddenly gone up, its like i ve been black listed.
Cheers for the suggestions guys going to try some of those now.

Alex

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

Im aged 20,
good post code,
1yrs NCB,

It's your age.

You want to bet ? Your post code is a major factor in your car insurance . I come from a sh*te post code cos i'm lumped in with the next town which has the highest rate of fraudulent claims in the country . I get shafted every year cos of these scammin' tw4ts . :mad:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=90300&highlight=insurance+post+codes

Seriously why is my insurance so cheap?

If you've got a Shrewsbury postcode , thats why .

Well i ve got a Christchurch, Dorset postcode that must be pretty good. Dr Rollo is paying £900 with 0 no claims aged 21.
Im younger at 20yrs old but have 1yrs NCB and am being quoted £1900, £1000 more than Dr Rollo by the same company, my household also has 4 other cars insured with this company so i get the multi policy holder discount, getting very pissed off with the whole thing now.

Megane 225 Cup | 106 GTi
Didn't seem to affect mine so bad, I'm on Teesside

One of the worst ones - 'group F'

Not that this is making the lad feel any beter lol

You want to bet ?
In his case it does ;)

Forgetting where he lives etc, most insurers won't touch anyone under the age of 21 on a group 16 car FACT - Greenlight is just one example.

Alex, you only have to ask fUbAr and he'll agree with me, he was in the same boat as yourself - similar circumstances too.

Last edited:
  255 V6 Black Gold
my mate just payed £850 - 21, 2ncb, driving since he was 17

cheapest quote i've had is £1400 at 19 with 3ncb.

his was with churchill, mine was with elephant mate, but try www.ecarinsurance.co.uk aswell, they can be quite cheap.

just tried myself on churchill.

2ncd (3 years in october)
driving since 17
never had an accident
never claimed

£1350

so how your mates is some 600 cheaper when he is a year younger is beyond me. And it wont be anything to do with mine being a cup etc etc, well a small fraction will be, but come on 600!!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
pure luck im guessing mate.
he's been with them for 4 years though so moght make a difference?

he bought it yesterday and is driving the car today so its true...

255 V6 Black Gold
yeah that could, 4 years with them so they know what he is like

i always think to myself.... when they ask if you have claimed in last 3 year and i say no, but i tell them i have 2 year no claims do they hold it against you thinking that because you aint got ncb since you started driving you must have claimed further back than the 3 years etc....

i am with elephant at moment, cheapest for me. but in october i be going to the companies (churchill etc) that guarentee to beat your renewal quote if you have 3 year ncb

255 V6 Black Gold
always remember as well (well at least with me) add your mother as a named driver on your policy. providing she has licence for ages and no claims etc

i just went on elephant to quote myself on a v6, worth £18,000

took my insurance to £1800.

if i then unticked my mum as a named driver it takes it to £2800

no word of a lie......

not sure why it makes it cheaper, i mean i tick the boxes to say that my mum uses another car on a regular basis, and that i am the main user etc.. its strange, but if it saves me £1000, why question it.

Monaco 172
i am 20, got insured 2 months into my policy on a 02 172. 1600 ish in total for insurance untill march next year. ring quinn and tell them you actually own the car, becuase when i first looked around they said they dont insure that car, but tell them your the owner and apparently they need to quote you. unless ive missed the boat with this thread completely.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Ive just upgraded from a 1.2 clio to a ford focus st170 (not a clio 172 i know) but i did a quote on a 172 which came out at exactly the same price of £957 with greenlight insurance.

Thats based on -

1 years ncb
0 crashes
3 yrs driving
aged 21

57 Ibiza Formula Sport

Im aged 20,
good post code,
1yrs NCB,

It's your age.

they do! it goes on postcode primarily, i should know!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
im 20 with 2 years ncb been driving nearly 3 years mum and dad on policy with me as the main driver, with bell £1400 for 10 months. Done 10 because ill be 21 when it ends.