ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance claim advice

2007 clio dynamique
Hi just wondering if anyone can offer any advise on my situation, basically I was sat stationary at a set of traffic lights on a slight incline, the next thing I no is the guy infront of me has rolled back into my car , I got out (he didn't bother he just sat there looking thick) as I approached the door I could see he was looking down towards the passenger seat so imo he must not have been concentrating, I said that he had rolled back into me he replied with I didn't think I was rolling back , anyway it was a works vehicle he was driving so he called them etc, anyway that was that and we left , I got home and called my insurance explained everything anyway after a few days I called them only to be told he is saying he felt a bump and there I was , I have been going back and forward with this for weeks and im getting no where, he has put in no claim against me or anything but surely if I had drove into him he would want to claim for the damage , anyway if anyone can offer any help it would be appreciated thanks

2007 clio dynamique
Re: Insurance claim advise

yes the bumper is cracked and the paint has flaked off(it looks to have been re sprayed already before I bought the car) and the fog light has fell back into the bumper, not really damage but still it wasn't like that before

FF RB 182

More hassle than its worth for sake of £200 max to put it right...?

dk

911 GTS Cab

from my experience the best thing to do is not tell the insurance unless its a lot of damage as even if you don't make a claim now, you'll still be shafted next year as it will go down as an incident, event if you don't claim :(

2007 clio dynamique

ye well im now realising this I should of just forgot about it and I should of said this is on our other car a mazda 3 , the bumper from mazda is 260 + vat and spraying and trying to find a sport bumper second hand is just impossible, the other guys insurance aren't actually claiming from me there just fighting the claim so im not sure were I will stand when it comes to insurance renewal

dk

911 GTS Cab

trust me, from experience, now you've informed them its been recorded. if you are unlucky are are with one of the pikey arsehole companies like the admiral group then they will rape you next year. if however you are with a proper company like direct line you might be ok. i got shafted by elephant for not making a claim, they added 30% onto my insurance for renewal, even though i didn't claim, and when i asked for my no claims proof as i moved companies they recorded the claim on there even though didn't claim and just informed them about the incident, caused me all sorts of hassles including direct line cancelling my insurance because i couldn't provide a proper no claims proof in time.

Trophy #387

Insurance companies are very unlikely to penalise you for a non-fault claim, so if you pay the damage yourself (essentially not submitting a claim) then it will go down as a non-fault with your no claims bonus not affected. This is not going to have any effect on your premium next year.

I know this because I work for an Insurance Company and I had a fault claim last year, but I paid allowed my insurance company (Admiral) to pay for the claim, but I then paid them the value of the claim. This allowed my no claims bonus to remain at 2 years and it is down on my policy as a non-fault claim. I am 19 and I pay £740 to insure my 182 through Admiral, with a non-fault claim from October 2012.

Just pay for the damage yourself and make sure you keep your no claims bonus and make sure it goes down as non-fault, that way, it won't affect you.

2007 clio dynamique

ye I have thought about having it plastic welded if worst comes to worst it just pisses me off, the other guy know the truth hes just been a t**t, I see the other guy often aswell so he must live locally which pisses me off more lol and in regards to insurance I have had things like that happen before with a previous insurer my partner had an incident which was not her fault the 3rd party accepted fault but yet come renewal they wanted a lot more money its a joke

2007 clio dynamique

Insurance companies are very unlikely to penalise you for a non-fault claim, so if you pay the damage yourself (essentially not submitting a claim) then it will go down as a non-fault with your no claims bonus not affected. This is not going to have any effect on your premium next year.

I know this because I work for an Insurance Company and I had a fault claim last year, but I paid allowed my insurance company (Admiral) to pay for the claim, but I then paid them the value of the claim. This allowed my no claims bonus to remain at 2 years and it is down on my policy as a non-fault claim. I am 19 and I pay £740 to insure my 182 through Admiral, with a non-fault claim from October 2012.

Just pay for the damage yourself and make sure you keep your no claims bonus and make sure it goes down as non-fault, that way, it won't affect you.

So basically your saying if I tell them im going to pay for the damage myself and I don't want them to persue the 3rd party for the damages etc it will go down as a non fault claim ?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Insurance companies are very unlikely to penalise you for a non-fault claim, so if you pay the damage yourself (essentially not submitting a claim) then it will go down as a non-fault with your no claims bonus not affected. This is not going to have any effect on your premium next year. I know this because I work for an Insurance Company and I had a fault claim last year, but I paid allowed my insurance company (Admiral) to pay for the claim, but I then paid them the value of the claim. This allowed my no claims bonus to remain at 2 years and it is down on my policy as a non-fault claim. I am 19 and I pay £740 to insure my 182 through Admiral, with a non-fault claim from October 2012. Just pay for the damage yourself and make sure you keep your no claims bonus and make sure it goes down as non-fault, that way, it won't affect you.

oh you work for my favourite company.

well FYI, people who don't work for admiral get shafted. they even penalise you for a windscreen claim whereas most other companies don't. for having a non-fault non claim (i didn't even claim) they wanted my insurance to go up from £450 to £650. this was elephant, same company as admiral (as you know). and because they put this claim (that i didn't claim for) on my no claims proof it caused me issues. I asked them to remove it, but they wouldn't, all they would do is send me a letter saying i didn't claim, WTF, hang on, you won't remove it from my no claims proof doc but you'll send me a letter saying i didn't claim. fucked up company, and as i said, caused my insurance to be cancelled by direct line as i didn't get my proper proof into them on time as i was arguing with elephant for so long.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Lols at not getting penalised for non fault. Erm no you still get pumped because you had an accident.

Stats.

dk

911 GTS Cab

i think i might start my own insurance company, then i won't have to shaft myself.

dk

911 GTS Cab

well obviously as i won't have to pay my premium unless i have an accident, then i'll have insurance to cover that anyway.

not why i didn't think of it before, i bet someone on here has already done it though.

Trophy #387

oh you work for my favourite company.

well FYI, people who don't work for admiral get shafted. they even penalise you for a windscreen claim whereas most other companies don't. for having a non-fault non claim (i didn't even claim) they wanted my insurance to go up from £450 to £650. this was elephant, same company as admiral (as you know). and because they put this claim (that i didn't claim for) on my no claims proof it caused me issues. I asked them to remove it, but they wouldn't, all they would do is send me a letter saying i didn't claim, WTF, hang on, you won't remove it from my no claims proof doc but you'll send me a letter saying i didn't claim. f**ked up company, and as i said, caused my insurance to be cancelled by direct line as i didn't get my proper proof into them on time as i was arguing with elephant for so long.

I don't work for Admiral or anyone within that group, I am just insured through Admiral and receive no benefit or discounted rate through being an Underwriter.

The reason why your renewal premium is likely to have increased is due to general rise in premiums in recent years - although premiums are now falling again. It's rare to see an increase like you did but I'd suggest that by running your details through an aggregator (ie. Confused/Compare The Market/MoneySupermarket/GoCompare then you'd have found a good rate.

Trust me, it's very rare for an insurance company to penalise a non-fault claim, even if they did then it'd be a tiny increase in premium, possibly 2 or 3 percent.

dk

911 GTS Cab

I don't work for Admiral or anyone within that group, I am just insured through Admiral and receive no benefit or discounted rate through being an Underwriter.

The reason why your renewal premium is likely to have increased is due to general rise in premiums in recent years - although premiums are now falling again. It's rare to see an increase like you did but I'd suggest that by running your details through an aggregator (ie. Confused/Compare The Market/MoneySupermarket/GoCompare then you'd have found a good rate.

Trust me, it's very rare for an insurance company to penalise a non-fault claim, even if they did then it'd be a tiny increase in premium, possibly 2 or 3 percent.

oh trust me I investigated it I did a new quote online without the 'claim' and it was the same price as the year before, rang them up and adding the 'claim' increased it that much, they wouldn't reduce it. even though I hadn't claimed, that was the ridiculousness of it all. so I left them, but then they tried to shaft me with direct line.

this wasn't with the merc either, just a megane. im paying less on the merc which is group 47/50 than I was asked to pay for the megane with elephant. yet before the 'incident' they were the cheapest for me. the premium even rose when I put the windscreen repair claim in which they said I had to declare, a windscreen repair!
on the surface they might seem cheap, but they are hassle too from my experience.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

I can tell you, through experience, that this is utter s**t of the bull. Elephant have whacked another £200 onto my premium for my non fault accident.

FF Clio 182

I can tell you, through experience, that this is utter s**t of the bull. Elephant have whacked another £200 onto my premium for my non fault accident.

Exactly the Same me then, about 3 months before I was going to get a sport I looked at insurance price's, was about £900. Had a non fault accident, they wanted £1200 even tho it wasn't my fault. b******s

Trophy #387

I paid £1200 to insure my 1.2l Clio... A year later, with a non-fault claim, I pay under £800 to insure a Trophy. There is a reason your premium will have increased and it's unlikely to have been because of a non fault claim.

FF Clio 182

I paid £1200 to insure my 1.2l Clio... A year later, with a non-fault claim, I pay under £800 to insure a Trophy. There is a reason your premium will have increased and it's unlikely to have been because of a non fault claim.

Yeah was 5 months short of getting insured with Greenlight, otherwise it would of been less but had to go with admiral who charge extra for non fault claims! b******s

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Mine decreased overall, but it would have decreased even more without the accident.