ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance.. ARGH!

just been ringing around.. sorry 25 year olds and over on that car (182)

thats sainsburys and norwich union both said that

elephant want 2k..

dk

911 GTS Cab

sainsburys are crap, they are cheap because they never insure anyone. I asked for a quote on a 1.4 megane coupe at 26 with 4 yrs NCB and they told me the car was too much of a performance risk as it was a sports car!

Try Direct Line or First Alternative

just tried tesco.. over 21s only on 182.. but they wanted 750 for a 1.2... ha! no thanks! my 1.6 106 stripped out with roll cage, bodystyling done to it, etc etc etc only cost 350 more than that..

admiral want slightly more than elephant..

will try them dave

Astra SH 1.6 SXi

Im 21 and with Tesco...just under £300 in my own name with 3yrs no claims on my 1.2 16v 51 plate Clio.
And when some plonker reversed into me they sorted it all out pretty quick for me too!!
Happy Quote Hunting anyways
GAZ

I used Confused.com and got a good price through Admiral. Putting My Girlfriend on it (26 with 3yrs NCB) dropped price by nearly £200.00.

I found Adrian Flux were really good when I had my Saxo, gave me a good price and the service wasnt as bad as everyone said.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

Quote: Originally posted by GuyS on 20 June 2005

just been ringing around.. sorry 25 year olds and over on that car (182)

thats sainsburys and norwich union both said that

elephant want 2k..
Hi Guy,

I know you from the Saxo forum! I had exactly the same problem trying to insure my 182 Cup.
In the end I went with Elephant and it was 1350ish Fully Comp and then an extra 150 or so for my stripes so about 1500ish all together. Thats with 2 NCB and I am 20 in a good post code area.

James

hi, adrian flux saved me 50 notes over wot direct line wanted (450 quid), which in turn was 300 quid cheaper than norwich union!!!! its swings & roundabouts...

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

Oh yeah, put my mum as a second driver (I am main driver) and that knocked it down by about £500 :)

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 20 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by eugegall on 20 June 2005

http://www.confused.comwww.confused.com they are good
done use them, they only search out companies & add their bit on, go direct to the company & it will be cheaper.
yep and sometimes they come up with the wrong model of car! Get an estimate from them then go to each insurance company

yeah all these quotes are with my mum as additional driver.

im 20 with 2 years no claims..

cheapest i can get so far is 2k rom elephant..

will it be cheaper if she insures it and i go as additional driver??

its shocking.. someone i know pays 2k at 20 WITH NO no claims .. and hes got a 260bhp focus RS..

and im struggling to get a 182 2.0 16v clio for that price with 2 years no claims

my sp50 and 3 points put it up by 300 quid ish too though :(
quote-a-car:

Annual Premium
£3153.03
£6819.54
No Quote

great!, not..

grr when they gonna be takin new memberships on here? gettign sick of hitting my 20 post limit.

Sorry Guy.................it looks like Quote-A-Car have priced themselves out of the market cause youre not the first to say that.................wont be recomending them from now on!

Cya Stu

2005 Impreza WRX STI

i find it a nightmare for insurance too!im 21 2 yrs no claims, but have six points. mine is £900 odd for 172 not fully comp though. no one will qoute me :confused:

Must be the area!! My other half is 19 and with elephant she can get insured on a BMW z3 2.8 for just under 1k!!!

Guy, £1050 for me on 172. 0 yrs NCB, 22 yrs old. Same area!

Thats with Tesco, i was told to try Virgin, i think it might be same system anyway