ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance after claim ?

172 ph2
Had 5 years no claims, protected as it didn't cost much more.

Anyhow the 172 has been written off and a payout is coming my way (£5,800!)

Just wondering if anyone knows how this might affect my future policies ? Am I likely to get a massive increase ? This is a factor in trying to decide what to buy next as I don't know if i'm going to get raped on the insurance renewal.

So basically... 5 years 'no claims' still, 1 write off ! what kind of increase am i looking at ?

In between cars....
Just do a couple quotes, try not declaring it and then declare it, see what the difference is

PH1 172
was it your fault or other partys fault? if its your fault it will go up more than if someone elses. and AFAIK its only your insurance comnpany now will allow you your 5 years.

Had 5 years no claims, protected as it didn't cost much more.

Anyhow the 172 has been written off and a payout is coming my way (£5,800!)

Just wondering if anyone knows how this might affect my future policies ? Am I likely to get a massive increase ? This is a factor in trying to decide what to buy next as I don't know if i'm going to get raped on the insurance renewal.

So basically... 5 years 'no claims' still, 1 write off ! what kind of increase am i looking at ?

Ring them and do a quote on a 172 :) Or try it on a website like Tesco etc. Like I said on the other forums, you know you want one ;)

Clio 80bhp DCI
I found it didnt matter whos fault it was if you claim the premium goes up in my case it was double the previous years