ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Accident Question..

TTRS & V50
Well slightly pissed off is an understatement.

Insurance runs out at the end of the month so i've been getting quotes.

Just so happens i got one with Flux at FCS, 625 fully comp and i'm 22 5years driving and 3yncb.

Just so happened it's strict 5k mileage restriction, and i don't want that restriction considering i can do what i want in my car and even though i will probably only do about 5k..

So i ring around more places and finally ring up Bell and say ask how much my renewal is. 996 or something, WHAT TEH FOOK.

Asked them why, and they said its because back in jan i had an accident. Which i didn't, some c**t slid into me when it was snowy overnight and i didn't notice until 2 days later (i don't use my car).

Now they are wacking my insurance up 100 quid because of that ?

I said i fail to see how this is anything to do with me and i said i only rang you for advice and didn't go through with any claim. Then they started chatting on about it is fraud if i don't tell them about the accident.

They haven't even seen what happened to my car. I said i could have serious OCD and it was just a scratch.

I'm now annoyed i even rang for advice.

How many people get dings and don't tell their insurance, nearly every motorist on the road, are they committing fraud ?

TTRS & V50
Surely if you didn't make a claim, then they can not up your insurance?

My point, they said any accident would up my insurance, just like any claim in my car would up my insurance, this is where they get their statistics from. Its pathetic. I was like, its MY insurance, i would like you to go on MY statistics.

It's such a shame Sky, CK or Brentacre can't beat their quote, cause i would love to go with them just for customer service.

So I could call my insurance to say I think my car has been scraped and get advice. Not make a claim, and then notice that it was only a shadow, and then my insurance would go up next year?

I would call them again and complain like hell about that mate.

TTRS & V50
Yeah, any accident.

I was like a trolley went into my car the t'other day do i need to tell you about that, no thats not involving any car.

I was like, well to be honest i don't know that what happened in jan involved any car cause he drove off. I wasn't there, i can't be sure. I'm assuming.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sorry, what happened in January. It's kinda unclear.

You called your insurance and told them your car had been damaged, then what?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Happened to my dad this, someone bumped his car, settled out side insyrance, but becasuse he had informed them it went up :(

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
i have a non fault accident registered on my policy......doesn't affect my quote one bit!

ring them back up and ask to speak to someone with brains!

TTRS & V50
tell them you actually dreamt it so it didnt happen

Would be committing fraud then, i lied.

Sorry, what happened in January. It's kinda unclear.

You called your insurance and told them your car had been damaged, then what?

Well it was snowy and i went out to my car and looked around it and it had been hit in the wing. God knows when it happened. Phoned up insurance and said the above what should i do.. They said get the persons number plate and notify the police. I said i can't i don't know who did it and i have notified the police but they can't do jack. Oh sorry Tom we can't do much unless you want to claim. No i do not want to claim i'm just annoyed this has happened as i was not even in the car. Ok we will log it, bye. Thought nothing of it, until now..

TTRS & V50
Happened to my dad this, someone bumped his car, settled out side insyrance, but becasuse he had informed them it went up :(

It's such a shame, because i'm not being big headed but i have been driving 5 years. 40k in my first 2 years driving and 40k over past 3 years. Never ever been close to an accident (apart from a pothole, non-fault). I also used to be a driver for a body shop for two years doing a good 100 miles a day in all sorts of cars, from Metros to Bentleys.

And still never a ding or close call. Now i'm getting f**king peinified (sp) for something nothing to do with me.

i have a non fault accident registered on my policy......doesn't affect my quote one bit!

A lot of quotes i have got since have said we don't need to know this information. I'm like too right.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Seems strange. I bet there is a claim number logged for it.

That should have been voided when you said you didn't want to claim.

Non-fault stuff will put your premium up in most cases as per figures you're more likely to be in an accident.

TTRS & V50
But what they fail to see is that it's MY policy, so as per figures i have done a f**k load of driving and have no been involved in an accident.

But yet they are willing to go on figures that involve my car saying 'please crash into me', and some plank that can't control their car.

Well thats f**king pointless, whats the point in NCB, lets go on my car asking to be crashed into.

Seems strange. I bet there is a claim number logged for it.

That should have been voided when you said you didn't want to claim.

Non-fault stuff will put your premium up in most cases as per figures you're more likely to be in an accident.

i have two non fault incidents on my insurance. It is taken into account when pricing and does go against me unfortunately

i have two non fault incidents on my insurance. It is taken into account when pricing and does go against me unfortunately

my view is that you are getting ripped!

they are trying to find ways to up your premium

argue and argue and argue some more, a non-fault claim should not affect your policy! all monies are claimed back from the at-fault!

TTRS & V50
Statistically, the person of the non fault claim is more likely to claim again than some one that doesn't.

Also i am now more likely, statistically, to claim now i have reported an incident. Any car park ding or a key mark should be notified to the insurance apparently.

Pure joke.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f

+1
i've had 3 non fault accidents in the last 6 years and they've never affected the price

Statistically, the person of the non fault claim is more likely to claim again than some one that doesn't.

Also i am now more likely, statistically, to claim now i have reported an incident. Any car park ding or a key mark should be notified to the insurance apparently.

Pure joke.

pure joke is the understatement of the century!!

tell bell to shove their statistics where the sun don't shine and find another insurer!

btw i had my non fault claim when i was with Elephant and that never increased my policy, and Bell are the same company! roffle

this is just another way for an insurer to try and justify putting your premium up, shameful tactics :nono:

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Ask for a copy of the policy wording and ask them to show you where it states you must notify them of such a ding...

Sounds like utter shite to me and i work for a Broker where we have some right try ons.

Basically if a claim was made against you for the damage to the other car, and it sounds like it wasnt obviously then that's that. A third party has dinged your car and fecked off, simple. No claim was ever made and you do not wish to claim for your damage, that's your choice, full stop.

There is absolutely zero way the premium can be adjusted based on technically a non-registered claim.

Trust me!

DB.

BMW 440i
Yeah, Most insurance companies do that. That's why you (I) dont/wouldn't tell them if it was something i was going to get repaired or fixed myself. It's a sh*tter tbf.

Have you tried Brentacre mate? They were awesome for me and a few other young drivers!

TTRS & V50
There is absolutely zero way the premium can be adjusted based on technically a non-registered claim.

Trust me!

Totally agree with you, however they do their quotes on statistics. He was saying that most people with non-fault claims are more likely to get a higher quote than the same person with a fault claim.

Yeah, Most insurance companies do that. That's why you (I) dont/wouldn't tell them if it was something i was going to get repaired or fixed myself. It's a sh*tter tbf.

Have you tried Brentacre mate? They were awesome for me and a few other young drivers!

Trust me i wouldn't have told them, it's just i wanted a bit of advice and they ended up logging the whole thing. But now i get the picture that if you are involved in any sort of accident weather it be a tesco ding or someone keying your car it's fraudulent not to tell the insurance company, lolz.

Yeah i've tried them this morning, soundest bloke on the phone, sounded a great company as well, but they were still over 100 quid off the quote with Bell and Admiral.

Another thing that is jokes, i put my girlfriend on my insurance, who is 21 driving 3 years, no ncb and has a claim to her name, and it only went up 3 quid for a year. But yet they log this non fault accident against me back in jan and it goes up 70 odd quid with a claim, complete joke.

Totally agree with you, however they do their quotes on statistics. He was saying that most people with non-fault claims are more likely to get a higher quote than the same person with a fault claim.

haha roffle lol lmao etc

seriously though, if you stay with that insurance co. you should tattoo 'MUG' across your forehead

so a claim that costs the insurer nothing is seen as a bigger risk than a claim that costs them money? thats effectively what they are saying, that they foresee you as a bigger risk if you claim 10 times and it costs them nothing, to claiming once and it costing them a couple of grand

errrr helloooooo, i don't think so! give me this guy's name and i'd love to have a chat with him, and his team leader, and his manager, and the underwriter!

jeebus!! :mad:

TTRS & V50
I'm glad it's not just me thinking this is ridicules.

Statistics, they continue to roll them out. As the person has claimed they are now going to be careful than some one with a non-fault claim. Statistically proven he tells me, lol.

I'm going to go with Admiral cause the nearest quote is about 100 quid higher. I know it's pathetic, but i'm at uni, and hardly have the extra to spend for the sake of not going with a company, as much as it annoys me.

I'm glad it's not just me thinking this is ridicules.

Statistics, they continue to roll them out. As the person has claimed they are now going to be careful than some one with a non-fault claim. Statistically proven he tells me, lol.

I'm going to go with Admiral cause the nearest quote is about 100 quid higher. I know it's pathetic, but i'm at uni, and hardly have the extra to spend for the sake of not going with a company, as much as it annoys me.

that's perfectly understandable mate, money is money at the end of the day!

it's stupidity, no matter how careful you are, you cannot avoid another driver hitting you if it is impossible to do so

slammed172 - pm me this guy's name and where he works, i will get some answers if it kills me!

ps if this does kill me, the cup racer goes to my brother! ;)

Clio on SL 2118s

This. Exact thing happened to my dad after someone reveresed into him in Sainsbury's car park.