ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing Sub & Amp in new clio

Absoluty new to this.

I have a Kenwood 9527 headunit and just a simple sub and amp package.

Few questions.

On my headunit, there is a plug with one connector (RCA i think they are called) for the sub but on the wiring kit (and on the amp) there are 2 rca connectors.

Also, where did you connect the live and earth. If the live has to come from the battery, how did you get the wire to the boot?

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+cPath+60_98_170+products_id+3001http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+cPath+60_98_170+products_id+3001

thats the sub and amp deal. All i want is for a bit more of a bass feel/sound, nothing to major that will take up loads of room!! or make too much noise!!

Hope you all had a great christmas, happy new year to all!

Stuart

Quote: Originally posted by stuartturrell on 29 December 2004

Absoluty new to this.

I have a Kenwood 9527 headunit and just a simple sub and amp package.

Few questions.

On my headunit, there is a plug with one connector (RCA i think they are called) for the sub but on the wiring kit (and on the amp) there are 2 rca connectors.

Check the instructions with the amp you will only use the "rca in" connector, will be self explanitory when you have the amp in front of you.

Also, where did you connect the live and earth. If the live has to come from the battery, how did you get the wire to the boot?

Live from the battery, go through the hole where the bonnet cable goes through the bulkhead, you will have to pull back the heat/sound unsulation against the bulkhead to get at it but it will go through a piece of piss. Earth to the bolt which holds the seat belt stalks to the body of the car under the rear seatbase.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+cPath+60_98_170+products_id+3001

thats the sub and amp deal. All i want is for a bit more of a bass feel/sound, nothing to major that will take up loads of room!! or make too much noise!!

Hope you all had a great christmas, happy new year to all!

Stuart

I got a wire running from the battery, then took it down through the engine to underneath the car, used cable ties to keep the wire catching on stuff, threaded it above the heatsheild where the exhaust is and through the hole in the spare wheel (will be at the back with a rubber plug)

oh and run the RCAs down the opposite side of the car to the live cable. Easiest is power down the passengers side as the cable will come through the bulkhead that side and the RCAs down the drivers side.

yeah i noticed that the bonnet release was mentioned in the FAQs as well, so guess its been done a fair few times. I will look that over in a minute.

I will have a look at the amp, but it just confuses me when i look at it.

There are so many "input" terminals on it just for sound!

I will sus it out, its just a shame it has started to rain here! bollo*!%

silver valver/hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by Nightfire on 29 December 2004

I got a wire running from the battery, then took it down through the engine to underneath the car, used cable ties to keep the wire catching on stuff, threaded it above the heatsheild where the exhaust is and through the hole in the spare wheel (will be at the back with a rubber plug)
i wouldnt recomend running it on the outside of the car. it could catch on something and take the sheathing off, plus i read something about the current running thru the cable creating an electromagnatic field, which aint good if you are near fuel lines!

id be wary of that, if it gets caught and damaged by something you could have it earthing out on you and maybe even cause an electrical fire, id personally always run cables inside the car.

Ziel Nurburgring

As suggested above, run the power cable through the hole in bulkhead on the passengers side, about central and about 2 foot up behind the deadening material. Best thing would be to attach the cable to a screwdriver to help force it through the hole and remove the cooling reserviour in the engine bay (only 2 bolts) to get at it a bit easier.

Running it through the car is easy, takes about 3 minutes.

If you HU has RCAs, use them and just connect them red to red, white to white. On the Amp, they are probably one RCA in and one RCA out, just plug it into the in one and you will be fine

im in the same position having just got a new amp and sub.

just wondered how easy is it to get the carpet up as their is a plastic trim that seems to be in the way all down the vehicle.

also are there any detailed guides floating about relevant to clios?

the trims unclip fairly easily if you are gentle with them but it is possible to tuck the cables behind them without removing the trims if you dont want to remove them.

thanks^

also anyone any advice on where to locate the amp in the boot? i was thinking the rear seats but unsure, if not is it ok to drill through the plastic surface left of the spare wheel?

mine is currently velcrod down but that because im shortly going to be fitting bucket seats and when they go in the rears will be coming out at which point ill be making a false floor to mount the amp and sub to, thats assuming i dont relocate the amp under the passengers seat. Id either fix it to the seat back or preferably make a false floor to mount it onto or under(if under then its best to fit cooling fans to stop the amp getting too hot under it.