ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing Courtesy Lights (Need Wiring Diagram)

Clip Campus 06
I have a Clio Campus Sport (Mk2 2006) and I've managed to access the 3 wires running up to the interior dome light and extend the cables to the centre console. The interior light has 3 cables (red, black & white) and I would like to know if anyone knows how they function?

From using a multimeter I presume the black is ground and the red is constant live (well at least whilst the car is unlocked/running), which leaves the white. This must be the one that gradually reaches +12v once the doors are opened, right? Well it actually increases to +12v when the doors close (the interior light fades out)

Is it me having a brain fart or is something wrong here? My idea is to install LED courtesy lights in the back of the car which can either be on permanently or work with the doors (via a SPDT switch in the centre console)

Thanks, Josh.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, that's pretty much it AFAIK. If you want to make sure then pop the courtesy light out and follow the tracks to the bulbs - it's all on show and relatively easy to follow. My rear interior lights are connected directly to the tracks for the front interior light bulb, so the wiring in the connectors doesn't matter. That way they come on with the manual switch or the doors. I'd recommend doing that unless you specifically want the rear seat passenger to have a switch for them.

800.gif

Yes, that's pretty much it AFAIK. If you want to make sure then pop the courtesy light out and follow the tracks to the bulbs - it's all on show and relatively easy to follow. My rear interior lights are connected directly to the tracks for the front interior light bulb, so the wiring in the connectors doesn't matter. That way they come on with the manual switch or the doors. I'd recommend doing that unless you specifically want the rear seat passenger to have a switch for them.

800.gif

Do you have any closer pictures of the rear light? On and off.
Cheers.