ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing a subwoofer

172 + 350z
Hi

I am looking at installing my old sub into the boot of the car but not sure where the best place is to run the cable in the clio?
Can any one advise the best place to get through from the battery to the boot?
I have looked for a guide but haven't found one, any advise would be great.

Thanks

182, 6r GTi
if you unclip the power steering reservoir and move it out of the way, then pull back the sound deadening carpet, there is a grommet there with the wiring loom going through,

its not the easiest to get to and can be a bit fiddly but it will go through

172 + 350z
Cheers! Is it easy enough to get under the side plastics to run to the back?
In my old mk3 fiesta the plastic scuff plates pulled out easily to put the cable under.

Reno Clio 1.2 8v
Where your bonnet catch is on the left hand side follow the cable and make them go throw the fire wall piss easy mate :)

182, 6r GTi
Cheers! Is it easy enough to get under the side plastics to run to the back?
In my old mk3 fiesta the plastic scuff plates pulled out easily to put the cable under.

yer its easy you dont need to take it off it tucks up nicely underneath the bottom edge, then when you get to the saetbelt go over the top of it

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
yea run my power cable under the pasanger side side panels just pushed it under it. run the remote and rca down the drivers side panels used the 17mm bolt on the iso fix bar for my ground.

Maybe a stupid question but how easy is it to get the power steering reservoir out of the way? Is it just clips? Don't want to snap it off...

Clio 182
Like this guy said, run power one side, RCA & remote the other.

... if you have the ears of a hawk, die hard ice enthusiasts will insist on this. But majority of muggles will not notice any interference - unless its a particularly hefty power cable your running. It is the correct way to do things, but wouldn't say essential.