ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

installed vista on my 2nd HD, now want rid..

i installed it on my 2nd hard drive to have a nosey about, i now want rid of it for now, only problem is on the drive its installed i have all my tunes, videos etc etc

can i get rid of vista on that drive without formatting and loosing all my tunes etc?

cheers

Just boot up into xp and delete any files/folders that aren't music etc. This will get rid of the files but you will still have the boot loader trying to load vista at start up (im guessing you have dual boot) To fix this you will need to boot up the recovery console of an xp cd and use the fixboot command.

Better than yours. C*nt.
What do all you goons have against Vista? I'm running it with less problems than I had on XP on this laptop, which Sony haven't even released drivers for yet (I've used PCG-F130 drivers IIRC) and it's great.

A couple of bits are in odd places but you'll get used to it - remember 95 was all in odd places when you moved over from 3.1!

i managed to get rid of it by shrinking the partition volume on the HD, creating a new partition on it, transferring all my stuff to the new partition leaving only vista so went ahead and formatted that, thing is im now left with a bif empty partition where vista used to be, anyone know how to merge it into the other one to make i 1 again?

vista would have been good if my pc didnt keep restarting every 5 mins..

thanks

What do all you goons have against Vista?

I have had some issues with OEM installs on my machines. Mostly with audio drivers. I have just bought a Sony Vaio AR31E and everything is fine. The only issue I have is that, currently, VLC seems a bit poo under Vista (actually that's a big issue).

On the whole, I think that while it's essentially XP with a new coat of paint, I love using it. On this machine at least, it runs sweet as a nut and is beautiful to use. It just makes using a PC a much nicer experience. That's important to me because I send half my life on computers and the other half sleeping. I would like to install Vista on my ickle Vaio TX3 but it's not very powerful and I use it for business and there are many work related apps which I fear will not (yet) work properly.

Vista rocks :rasp:

172 Cup
What do all you goons have against Vista?

Bandwagon, on, jumping most probably mate.

It's funny (well not really) the first few times round but when you see a Vista thread appear you can bet your mortgage that the same few people will be straight in like moths to a flame to have a moan. They should edit the dictionary to replace the definition of "predictable" with a few CS usernames after the word instead.

As for me Vista has been perfect. It works without a fault, does what I want it to do each and every time and looks great too. I tried various Linux distros on my laptop and after a week I went back to Windows as I couldn't be arsed.

Last edited: