ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installed sub - car has problems starting

Clio 2001 1.5 DCi
It shouldn't happen should it? I haven't been playing it when the engine is off and its really having trouble starting the car now. The sub is 1000w connected to a 560w amp. Would I need a new battery or is there something I haven't been looking at?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
lol how long you had the sub on for without the engine running? a sub does take alot outa ur battery if you listen to it loud without the engine on.

its very easy to deaden a battery with a sub running.

Polo + Micra
is that rms?

if so i had problems with my car starting if i played the subs load with the engine running

you can either buy a larger capacity batt or turn it down

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Did the same to me mate, even when I wasn't playing it, something was draining the battery overnight :S - taking amp/sub out fixed it.

Polo + Micra
tim_foster23 said:
a power cap

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Rb 182
Dink said:
:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

they are not that bad! I have one but it is only really to stop my lighte dimming, and yes i have replaced the Batt before someone suggests it. :)

Polo + Micra
Djw Dave said:
they are not that bad! I have one but it is only really to stop my lighte dimming, and yes i have replaced the Batt before someone suggests it. :)

no your right there not that bad they are worse

they just add extra load to the electrical system