ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inner Wing / Wheel Arch Lip Restore

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Not quite 100% Clio related....but the same priciples will surely be used! On my BW E34 the inner lip of the wheel arches is starting to go a little rusty. I want to stop it now before it gets too bad. Without having the car on me I have drawn a picture showing the bit I mean
Capture_zpsdelt8q19.jpg

I have ran my hand up there and it is quite dirty so the first job is to clean all the arches out. Then it is what next?
My brother thinks I should wire wheel the whole of the insides of the arches back to metal then kurust / prime / paint / underseal. But there is also some lack of paint on the outside of the lip, but this doesn't go onto the outer face of the wing. All of this is not visible until you have a poke about inside the arches.
What else would people do to fix this?
Wanted to get it clear in my head now so I can source parts/tools and that as I now have limited time to work on it being posted away with work in the week so only have the weekends and don't want to waste time.