ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inner tie rod gaitor

monaco 172
Noticed I've got a split inner tie rod gaitor, but the rod itself has got no play in it at all.

What brands do people fit that don't fall apart within 6 months?

I used oem which are robust, came with the new inner from renault parts direct. I just had a look but couldnt see the gaitor on its own perhaps you can get them separately if you enquire?

monaco 172
I used oem which are robust, came with the new inner from renault parts direct. I just had a look but couldnt see the gaitor on its own perhaps you can get them separately if you enquire?
Yeh to be fair the full kit from Renault isn't a bad price. But it'd then mean paying for allignment and a tool to get the rod off, which currently has no play in it

renault clio 1.4 16v
i just used a generic gator, been working fine for years, if theres no play on the inner joint then take the ball joint out the hub, crack the locknut and count the turns that the ball joint comes off... reverse to put back, if you out by any half a turn when putting it back then you should feel it, just get it re aligned...