ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inlet plenum

The oval hole on the bottom that goes to the breather, can this be blocked up when I don't run a carbon canister?

breatherr.jpg

Is the hole purely for the carbon canister? It doesn't have a hole into the head does it?

Ideally I'd like to just chemical weld a piece of ali over the hole on the plenum and leave the breather as it is

do you mean the hole on the left, where the pipe usually goes on?

If so, yes block it up otherwise it will whistle...

If you mean the hole on the top that connects to the inlet plenum going upwards, I think its needed as the Ph1 inlet manifold has a hole in the bottom of it to connect with it.

do you mean the hole on the left, where the pipe usually goes on?

If so, yes block it up otherwise it will whistle...

If you mean the hole on the top that connects to the inlet plenum going upwards, I think its needed as the Ph1 inlet manifold has a hole in the bottom of it to connect with it.

The hole on the actual manifold that I don't have a pic of, I was thinking of just blocking it there to save the hassel of blocking the pipe to the left, but was wandering if it's a breather for the head at all, or does it purely go from the inlet to the carbon canister via the pipe thing?

Think I've answered my own question, not very scientific but I've blown down the hole on the breather with my finger over the end of the pipe bit and I can't blow so I assume it goes nowhere else.

Aslong as I can get the cover to be the same sort of thickness as the rubber ring protrusion I shouldn't have fitting issues.

DSCN0848.jpg

DSCN0849.jpg

Basically just want to block this.

Leave the breather/seperator thing like this

DSCN0850.jpg

As mine is a flat type one with no stickup it won't need chopping down.

Yeah...

What cylinder head is that? I thought all Ph1's had the sticky up bit out of the breather plate

I don't know, bought the engine from Andyrg.

Is there anyway of telling, I assume it's a ph2 172 from the setup as it's a 172 not a 182 breather part.