ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inlet manifold query

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Ive been offered some inlets from a ph1 172. I'm under mixed impressions of wether they will fit my 172 cup?

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
It wont mate. The only inlet that will fit yours is a 172.

The lower inlets where the fuel injectors fit into are the only interchangeable part that fits on any of the sport engines.

182 are diffrent also.

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Cheers for that. Read so many different replies on different threads saying some will fit with work etc

Mec 350 slk manual
Why do you want to do work to make them fit
What's wrong with the inlets you have, have they got rs stamped on them ?

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Why do you want to do work to make them fit
What's wrong with the inlets you have, have they got rs stamped on them ?

I dont think he does mate.

You reasonably cant anyway. There all mounted to the breather plate differently and also the carbon canister connection is different on the 172 to a 182 on the breather plates.

Renault Clio 172
Isn't it the ph1 inlets that are not rs stamped and the ph2 onwards that are anyway? My early 172 cup has rs on the lower inlet so surely you would be going backwards in performance if you fitted a ph1 item

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Yea ph1 are not stamped. Some 172 are including all cups are iirc and all 182's are I think. Its easy too check. Just whip of the fuel rail guard (2 10mm nuts) and you can see.

Honestly the difference is miniscule. If it's adds 3bhp I'd be surprised, your not going to feel it either way.

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Been offered some matched inlets but they are from a ph1. These don't come up often so was wondering if they are feasible to fit after finding out they're not a direct replacement.

Cheers for the replys