ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

injectors 172 cup

172 CUP
I just wondered whether injectors work better when a car/engine is warmer rather than cold, or does it not realy make much difference?

172cup
Shouldn't make any difference, most clio's 172/182 run a bit ruff when cold people say it's to do with the exhaust sensor needs to warm up they always been like it

172 Cup & Black Ph1
injector flow does not change regardless of the temperature of the engine, what seems to be wrong?

172 CUP
Well when started from cold it revs up and down (800-1200rpm) usually. Then when setting off its as if the car doesnt know what to do when accelerating and stumbles and jolts, once the needle on temp gauge has hit the second mark all seems fine, bit unusual i know

172 CUP
Thats what i thought but no fault codes or dash lights. Off to see a lad on here called Dan so hopefully get it sorted. Cheers Tin cup

172 Cup & Black Ph1
i'd say cam sensor, throttle body or even a really knackered dephaser? i mean as far as i know they all dont like been driven cold anyway but sounds like it might be a bit worse than usual lol

172 Cup & Black Ph1
just to add lambda sensors dont work till its come off choke (COLD START) if that helps so if it still does it when on choke its nothing to do with lambdas ;)

172 CUP
Well seems fine when warm which is strange but like you said Tony no lights so you could well be right. Thought it may have been an air leak but can't hear anything, not that it means i don't have one lol. Only a month and Dan's got it on here so hopefully find the problem. I thought it might just need a remap as i'm unsure if the previous owner had one and i have since put a custom stainless exhaust on it, but i'm not great with car's so maybe not.

172 CUP
Everything goes back to normal the second the needle moves on temp gauge just when cold i get problems so hopefully its lambda. I had the lambda closest to the engine changed as i had dash lights and a fault code but never bothered with the rear lambda.