ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inferno @ Santa Pod

Focus ST
A few pictures one of my mates took on Sunday.

We had a 182 / CTR / Cooper S / 200SX / Golf G60 / RX7 Group thrash to from and at the Pod. Excellent fun!

Attachments

• Sunburst.JPG
    Sunburst.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 82
  • PodINTRO.JPG
    PodINTRO.JPG
    336 KB · Views: 78
  • SunBurst3.JPG
    SunBurst3.JPG
    405.7 KB · Views: 81
  • SunBurst12.JPG
    SunBurst12.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 64
  • P2260018(Medium).JPG
    P2260018(Medium).JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 104
  Focus ST
My best was a 15.098 @ 93.16 MPH, completely standard (apart from wheels) with full interior. Quite pleased with that but I'll be very glad to be shot of these Kuhmo's (which disintegrated!) as I really struggled for grip. Was really hoping to break into the high 14's, which I maybe think I could have done with better tyres and improved 60ft times. Who knows though.

Others:
200SX - 14.997 @ around 92 - 93 MPH (Standard except Apexi filter (I think))
Cooper S - 15.61 @ around 92 - 93 MPH (Back seats out)
CTR - 15.175 @ around 95 MPH (Removed spare)
Golf G60 15.218 @ around 94 MPH (Fully stripped)
RX7 14.038 @ around 102 MPH (not sure)

The MCS, CTR and G60 drivers were strip virgins and improved a lot from their first few runs.

Last edited:
  Beetle
Good pics :)
(what time were the pics taken, was that early on? looks quite empty wouldv'e been good to go on a day like that. was far too busy on 29th jan)

Last edited:
  Focus ST
Scott-16v! said:
Good pics :)
(what time were the pics taken, was that early on? looks quite empty wouldv'e been good to go on a day like that. was far too busy on 29th jan)

The pics were taken throughout - it was quite quiet all day really, never had to wait very long to get on the strip.

The pics are deceiving though as it was really cold and blustery which may have put people off. There were a couple of short light sleet showers and we left at about 3:30 when it started to snow/sleet fairly heavily and it would've taken a while to dry the track.

More pics to follow and maybe some vid.

Focus ST
Scott-16v! said:
how many runs did you manage to get in? we only managed 3 in jan:dapprove:

I did 6 runs, but most of my mates did 7 or 8. Like I said, not that busy.

Few more pics. The Type-R with white wheels sounded pretty insane and was running low-ish 14's when he launched alright from what I remember. The Porsche looked sexual in the metal (was a Turbo R?), but broke down on the strip on it's first run, then it started to snow!

Attachments

• TypeRwhite.JPG
    TypeRwhite.JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 26
  • SunBurst1.JPG
    SunBurst1.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 32
  • G911RUF4.JPG
    G911RUF4.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 26
  Focus ST
Tyson-182 said:
Awesome pics mate! Not a bad time considering you didn't have a lot of grip!

Tyson.

Tell me about it! My best time was my first run against the RX7 in the pics above. Couldn't improve on it, but I'm not joking when I said the tyre tread was coming apart trying to get heat into them. Should've taken photo evidence!

I didn't think the Kuhmo's were too bad until Sunday apart from the harsh the ride, pretty decent in the wet. Mind you I've never really pushed them before. PE2's or F1's coming up I think!

Focus ST
Martin. said:
What was grip like? What 60ft times were you getting?

2.4 on my best run (first of the day!), but felt like the engine bogged a bit, then they were all around 2.5 - 2.7ish.

Don't think it was as bad as 29th Jan by the sounds of it, but I've definitely been in better conditions in my old valver.

Last edited:
  Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
ahh right not really worth going till 2.3 60fts are possible at least...I'll wait till the summer months I think

ITB'd GDI Original?
I can't wait to get back, think i''l be going the end of next month or possibly May. Nice pics Lucas did you find out the spec on the type-r?

Focus ST
lucky said:
I can't wait to get back, think i''l be going the end of next month or possibly May. Nice pics Lucas did you find out the spec on the type-r?

Didn't get a chance to speak to the guy but it had a Mugen plaque on the back and quite a big can!

I'll go back probably end of April / May time because grip should be much better but shouldn't lose too much power due to heat. I'll be up for a group meet if there is one around that time.