ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inferno - Detail Done.

SLK 350
Well gave the Bean a bit of TLC over the last day or so and took a few crappy photos on my K810 so neither the colour or detail is very good but best I could do.

Anyway processes:

-Jetwashed.
-Cleaned using Evian mineral water & Megs Nxt using the 8 bucket technique.
-Dried using Megs water magnet.
-Clayed using Megs Smooth Surface QD pack. (Clay was filthy!)
-AG Super Resin Polish (SRP) applied using UDM on SFX 3 Pad.
-Buffed off with MF Bonnet using UDM.
-SRP used on terry cloth for spot work.
-AG Extra Gloss Polish (EGP) wiped on using terry cloth.
-Buffed up with a MF towel.
-AG Glass Polish.
-AG Bumper Care. (applied after pics)
-Megs Metal Polish.
-Tyre Gel (applied after pics)

Job done.

Claying it did the most good, the amount of sh*t that came off the car was unreal now beautifully smooth.

Due to daylight and closer inspection of paint it didn't warrant using an SFX2 for swirl removal, I'll wait until next time for that. Just wanted to get her cleaned up properly to make the job easier next time.

Anyway some pics:

DSC00512.jpg

DSC00511.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

DSC00516.jpg

DSC00513.jpg

DSC00519.jpg

DSC00517.jpg

DSC00518.jpg

Yesterdays groundwork:

DSC00501.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

DSC00498.jpg

Nothing special, but in the flesh (and with a decent) camera it looks infinitely better for it.

My hands have now regained their colour...

Looking good, should give it some winter protection too, like inferno on the turinis.
Why the inflatable in the garage, you got a speed boat?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Mineral water pmsl! What a waste of time!

Either way, looks a decent finish.

SLK 350
Cheers folks, kinda glad I took some time to do it due to the impending weather.

For those who understood my sarcasm, I didn't actually use Evian water...it was Volvic ;)

Anyway, anybody in the midlands who wants theirs detailing by all means PM me and I'll pop around. Just a shame I didn't have a decent camera, as pictures did it no justice.

Focus ST
Sorry to resurrect an old post but first pictures I've seen of my old car since I sold it! Glad to see it's still looking mint - great job on the detailing.

Looks like it still has the BP Ultimate tax disc holder and 'Bridges of Reading' number plates too!

I still think it looked better with the black Pro Race 1.2s but not many people will agree with me on here probably!

Mito Sportiva 135
Nice work - but you know Evian is a mineral water, not filtered water - which would give you a spotless finish rather than an expensive waste...I initially thought the same but luckilly realised before I bothered!

Whats with all these inferno details...seems THE colour of 2008 so far!!

Clio 197 F1 R27
Thats some cleaning technique!!! I give mine to the local hand wash centre..... lol

Tho i would like to clean it more myself, i just don't have the time!

clio sport 172