ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

induction kits.... which is the best ????

clio 1.4 rt
i have a 1.4 rt 1999

sourcing a good cheap induction kit has become tedious

can n e one suggest a good one????

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
A standard airbox with panel filter and feed would be better than any open filter as the car will suffer from heat soak with an open IK.

Renault Clio Dynamique 02
len_beach said:
A standard airbox with panel filter and feed would be better than any open filter as the car will suffer from heat soak with an open IK.
Sorry to hijack this thread, but can someone explain to me what is meant by 'feed'. I replaced my standard Renault panel element with a K&N one at the weekend, but only did this direct replacement

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
schwinn said:
Sorry to hijack this thread, but can someone explain to me what is meant by 'feed'. I replaced my standard Renault panel element with a K&N one at the weekend, but only did this direct replacement
That's step 1 bud. Then fit a silicone bend/hose from the airbox to the inlet to smoot air flow. Then replace/de-restrict the standard air feed into the airbox. The standard feed is how the air gets into the airbox before the filter. These are normally re-stricted for noise purposes. A well placed feed to the front of the car will allow maximum air flow into the air box.