ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction kit or panel filter?

most people will say ITG Maxgoen

Fred will say PiperX Viper can give you 13bhp iirc

Some people love simota carbon aerofoam

A lot say dont bother with induction kit and just get a panel filter, they normally say get an ITG panel filter.

Renault Sport Clio 172
yeh i hav a simota induction kit, but a few people i hav spoke to say i will b losing power using it?!

clio trophy No56
Induction kits are only good if you have a way of getting massive amounts of air to them, then if you manage that you need a way of exhausting the stuff, i.e. decat and exhaust system.
I fitted a viper to my old 182 with CAF to the lower grill but didnt notice any difference untill i had it mapped and a magnex exhaust fitted.
I think induction kits just give the feel of more power due to the noise they make.
I tried fitting my viper and just leaving it open under the bonnet, the sound was awsome, so was the loss of power, it had the biggest flat spot ever, from about 2000rpm to 5000rpm.

With the Trophy ive just fitted a K&N panel filter and removed the acoustic valve + RSTuner remap.

Renault Sport Clio 172
Cheers matey. I've got the k-tec stealth exhaust with the k-tec straight thru de-cat pipe on it. Im also running it down to k-tec to get it re-mapped in a couple of wks. So hopefully that might make a difference to it!

Clio 172
Induction kits are fine as long as you can avoid heat soak to the filter itself, so open filters although they sound good can actually lead to a lower bhp if the filter isnt being fed cool air. the advantage of the original air box is that it is designed to avoid heat soak to the filter so a replacement pannel filter can lead to a good BHP increase. its cost effective too.