ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction idea.

clio sold :(
Right I have a 172 standard airbox I have a k&n filter on its way.
I was discussing with mate about putting another air feed into my standard airbox.
My mate seems to think this would make the car run worse than standard. I dont think it would I dont want to put any silly halfords air cone onto my car. I dont see why using Renaults current set up just supplying more air would make it any worse!?
Anyone else done anything similar?

If your on about a second air feed to the airbox, other than the original ( the one in passenger wing ) then i cant see why not, more air guided to it wont do it no harm but realistically you're more than likely not goin to feel a difference to the standard air feed !

2bh though mate id stick with the tried and tested methods , if you prefer the standard subtle look then try a Espace 3.0 v6 airbox with a K&N , they look standard , with a deeper rumble and do genuinely help performance , or the other option in a k-tec induction kit !!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I had a air feed from my fog light straight into my ph2 airbox on my old car and never made so little power on the rollers before in a 172, was awful.

I have all the bits needed to put an extra feed on thats all got a couple of grill trumpets and flexible cold air pipe so no cost while still looking standard.
But you dont often get people saying more air = bad.
How bad was it on the rollers? No other issues?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
162bhp, removed it and put an RSTuner map on and got 172bhp, same rollers ofc. Just get a Ktec Kit for ease or make your own up if you fancy it.

See pants diagram
PicsArt_1359403943792.gif

I might pick up an old air box. Try it out im then on the rollers in march see what it gets. If theres chance put the standard one back in and see if its better.

CursedTitanium 182FF
Just remove the acoustic valve & associated pipework, then put a bigger better feed to the original hole.

Ive currently got the fuel rail cover off looks possible/enough room just didnt want to ruin the cars performance
I might just chuck the new panel filter in for now and wait untill I get a cheap second box and try both on one of the RR days

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You are suggesting drawing air in from just above the radiator?

Warmer air if thats what you end up with (ive not tested it but seems unlikely) is likely to hinder your car from making power.

With regards to your assumption that more pipes to the filter is more air to the engine, unless you are seeing a pressure drop in the filter box where it cant refill quick enough, then even 1 million extra pipes wont add a single extra bhp.

I can honestly imagine I dont get any pressure drop. Im just swapping the filters and I have the bits from my last car to add a cold air feed Just figured more cold air = better for the engine.
But your right I didnt think about how warm it would get around the radiator and my standard box with k&n is probably more than suitable
This is what happends when your bored with some old car bits
So prob not a good idea to add onto existing feed also as 1812lsd suggested