ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction Elbow 172 Phase 1

182 + 5 GT Turbo
Right, been to reno today to pick up my standard air box and strap and whilst talking to the fella there, im informed that the induction elbow/hose is changed to accommodate the K&N filter. So i ask how much the reno item is as i'll be needing one of those. £65+VAT cheers!!!!! Thats as much as the box and filter costs!

So, anyone been in this situation and got an alternative option? Im trying to find out if Samco/sfs offer a direct replacement with the breather pipe bit? Or, do any of you fine people have a reno item you want to sell or swap for a K&N set up?

Cheers peeps!

Chocolate Bar™
i rung nick as i wanted one, and he said it didnt fit the ph1 with the standard airbox correctly, and had to be 'mildly bodged' to get a tight seal due to the way the airbox sits.

182 + 5 GT Turbo
i rung nick as i wanted one, and he said it didnt fit the ph1 with the standard airbox correctly, and had to be 'mildly bodged' to get a tight seal due to the way the airbox sits.

Its the small things like that that bother me though! Looks like reno will be seeing me again tomorrow then :(

Middo, you seem to know your way round the P1 172. Ive just bought a stealth from k-tec and can find anyone who can supply me with the seal i need thats goes in between the cat and exhaust. I think its known as a 'fire ring' (i think!!). GSF/Europart and my local exhaust guy all drew a blank. Best my exhaust guy said he could do was a williams or 1.8 16v, nothing else on his system.

Will reno be taking more of my cash tomorrow? The stealth is the same as a standard exhaust so surely its a standard seal?

Cheers!

182 + 5 GT Turbo
its just a cat/centre section gasket, not 100% needed, just use exhaust paste

For the benefit of any future thread search on 'exhaust fitting' it is indeed a simple gasket. Cheers FredYozzasport! Took the small centre section piece in to an exhaust chap today who had one on the shelf! Classic example of posting a thread on here and getting the info needed quickly. Some guy i spoke to outside of the forum said i needed a fire ring seal which lead me right up the garden path :dapprove:

Last edited: