ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Indicators b0rk3d!

Audi TT 225
argh all my indicators stoped working!!! :mad:
The dash makes the fast ticking noise like it does when a bulbs out but the indicator icons on the dash dont light up and none of the bulbs work :S

Are they all on the same fuse?

RB 182 Cup
take your rear lights out and give the conectors a really good scrub up as moistuer gets in and makes all the light go funny. Done it to me twice now, second time was so bad, everytime i put my indicators on my fogs, heads and everylight flashed like a police car :( . This completely fixed it both times though

Audi TT 225
awesome I'll take a look. best check the fuse too it was too dark last night and couldn't be arsed

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Spot on. make sure you file the connectors on the plug AND the socket. I've used a bit of duck tape to cover it now, as the second one (replaced the first) was playing up in the same way and MOT was due!

Audi TT 225
contacts were a bit crappy so cleaned em up, nothing...

checked the fuse... blown, stuck the new fuse in and pop, blew that too :(

fuse is a 15 so stuck a 20 in to test and all the bubs worked when I pushed the hazards but they were really dim, locked the car... pop fuse blew.
Im sure the fuse blew yesterday when I unlocked the car to come home from work :mad: :banghead:

why why why why!!!

Da

Less
You need to check all your indicators individually. Sounds like a cable is trapped/shorted out! Check side repeaters etc etc.

had any work done recently?

With a new fuse in, get in the car and switch ignition on. Test left, then right indicators using the stalk. That way you should be able to eliminate one side of the car.

BMW M135i
If blowing the fuse then something is grounded somewhere. As said systematically eliminate as much you can.

You got a multimeter? Should be able to find the fault(s) with that.

Audi TT 225
Think I sorted it now, took the rear lights off again, cleaned the contacts again, checked all the blubs and wires and did fronts too.
New fuse and they seem ok.

Nothing had changed, driven to work and back all week then yesterday when I went to drive home they just went when I unlocked the car... :S